Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Now I'm still waiting for buildcraft, railcraft, ProdjectRED circuits, mystcraft, binnies-mods, a continuation of thaumcraft and a port of Witchery. *GASPS* And THEN I can finally recreate my modded environment from 1.7.10. :p (after CoFHWorld configs are documented)

EDIT: A mod that adds sleeping bags to 1.12 would be nice to have to.

And people wonder why 1.7.10 is still in use. Some people want to call 1.7.10 dead for modded minecraft.

Seriously though: I thought BC and RC were updated. I know Mystcraft is now up to 1.11.2, and Binnie's now has active developers.

But I also thought that Aznor was out of modding, so Thaumcraft is kaput. I think you're more likely to see a port of ChromaticCraft.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
And people wonder why 1.7.10 is still in use. Some people want to call 1.7.10 dead for modded minecraft.

Seriously though: I thought BC and RC were updated. I know Mystcraft is now up to 1.11.2, and Binnie's now has active developers.

But I also thought that Aznor was out of modding, so Thaumcraft is kaput. I think you're more likely to see a port of ChromaticCraft.

As far as I'm concerned, 1.7 is still a viable option for stable gaming. Lot of polished mods to choose from, most of which have been tested against each other for compatibility quite extensively, means changing up your experience within that version is quite simple and very rewarding. On the other hand, any bugs you find are unsupported, and you miss out on all the cool upcoming mods on the scene. It's dead in that people have moved away from it as a current modding platform, but still very alive to play with.

Last I played with it, RC was unfinished to say the least (missing all the multiblocks, amongst other things), but the basic tenants of rails and signaling seemed intact. All reviews I had heard from BC was that it was still a hot buggy mess, although I've not followed along with the progression in some time.

So far as Thaumcraft, Azanor did indeed step away, but there was some rumbling that @MjJty was looking to keep it alive, but I'm not sure if that discussion ever went anywhere.

Are you suggesting @Reika is planning to update his suite, or was that a "when Hell freezes over" kind of statement? I haven't been following those threads in ages. Oh, how I would love to play with Rotarycraft again.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For my two cents, I've recently been playing Regrowth and having a whale of a time. It just feels like as new versions come out, we have more choice over what to play with - you could go retro back to 1.2.5, have fun with 1.6.4 in Agrarian Skies, or go cutting edge with 1.12, or anything in between.

I will say, I've found myself missing things I didn't expect - although the faster cooling of 1.7.10 TiC block casting is nice, overall I miss the more flavourful feel of Tinkers Construct 2; how the material abilities are more varied and interesting and more choices are viable. I miss the newer stuff in IE, and lots of things from Actually Additions.

Overall, I like the huge stable of well developed and tested mods in 1.7.10, and I like the new and different directions mods took in 1.10+ - and having the choice is brilliant.

T

traso

tbh i don't mind people playing 1.10/11/12 but i like 1.7 because of the huge amount of mods i can add to my world at any time to me it's more fun having these mods than the new vanilla mechanics in 1.8+ in a lot of cases there is a mod that adds that feature

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
quick note, next week I'll be on vacation for a week again.
so no updates from me from the 15th till the 22nd of september

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Finally updated NuclearCraft, adding JEI and CraftTweaker support.
+ Added JEI support
+ Added CraftTweaker support

+ Added Ingot Former
+ Added Pressurizer
+ Added Chemical Reactor
+ Added Salt Mixer
+ Added Crystallizer

+ Added Beryllium - drops from Coal Ore
+ Added Zirconium - drops from Quartz Ore
+ Added a bunch of new items and fluids
+ Added new tools and armor
+ Added Glowing Mushrooms to the Nether

* Fixed crash related to machines trying to push null fluids
* Fixed issues with the Fission Reactor search algorithm
* Fixed crash when mining Redstone Ore

+ Additional configs
* Recipe tweaks and additions
* Removed lingering invalid/impossible recipes

* Updated Forge
* Updated IC2 and JEI APIs

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
I think this is the proper place to put this
IMG_1973.PNG

Link:https://twitter.com/Vazkii/status/911942481209683968

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
Since there are still things from EnderIO that there are no substitute for (in 1.12.2 at least) I found this exciting (oh who am I kidding, I find anything CoFH exciting, much luv)
http://teamcofh.com/posts/2017/10/20/low-hanging-fruit/
I forgot how much I hate vanilla enchanting, forgot how spoiled we've been with EnderIO (or BetterEnchanting or Openblocks or other mods MIA from current lineup).

And I just want to say WB Twilight Forest, and hope to say WB Thaumcraft again someday.

Reactions: Lethosos

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Since there are still things from EnderIO that there are no substitute for (in 1.12.2 at least) I found this exciting (oh who am I kidding, I find anything CoFH exciting, much luv)
http://teamcofh.com/posts/2017/10/20/low-hanging-fruit/
I forgot how much I hate vanilla enchanting, forgot how spoiled we've been with EnderIO (or BetterEnchanting or Openblocks or other mods MIA from current lineup).

And I just want to say WB Twilight Forest, and hope to say WB Thaumcraft again someday.
Goodness. That link is worth an overview and posting on the whats-new-in-modding thread fwiw.