Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
IC2 should do it like Mekanism does. Basically make it use both RF or EU
Except that'd run entirely counter to the mentality shared by literally everyone on the IC2 forum. If they did that, then everyone would just use RF all the time, and the IC2 folks most certainly don't want that.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm doubtful IC2 will ever move off of EU, but I'm surprised as many people fell for the joke as they did (including myself).

If anything, I can see a conversion system similar to what Celesitalphoenix mentioned.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The April fools pranks was, IMO, some bullshit. The e-net is broken for YEARS and they have the energy to put forth an RF prank? Fix the damned e-net. I hate IC2Exp, but it sucks for IC2 fans to see the energy put into a troll but not into the core mod. Hell the mod is only currently relevent because of the FC clique that overlaps with FTB. IC2 is a broken mod and does not deserve premier modpack placement. Speiger's Classic line or Tech Reborn deserve that spot. Nothing demonstrates that fact more than the usage of Exp in IE:E where the core concept of voltage management is bypassed due to energy conversion. That whole pack forces a broken mod down the users throats as a form of "progression" and it is utter bullhockey to showcase such a broken mod. It's like using Thaumcraft without the essentia requirements.

What licensing or other tomfoolery is keeping mainline IC2 from updating the e-net? Hell one of their own official devs is the author of Uncomplications which removes the hated plates and adds solid UU-matter. It CAN be done. So why isn't it implemented?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
So why isn't it implemented?
Because the E-net isn't as simple as you may think.

Uncomplication does recipe manipulations, so theres no real work there. It can also "revert" back to pre-IC2Exp E-net but again, its something that already exists.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The e-net is broken for YEARS and they have the energy to put forth an RF prank?

I'm fairly certain they didn't actually build an Rf powered IC2. I'd guess they re-textured a few machines from EIO- 10 minutes work renaming .png files. The working GUIs would have taken longer, but I doubt they spent more than a day doing so.
Its not like they had to fake the entire mod either- just do the few machines Dire used.

{I'm just theorycrafting here. I'm no expert- so this post is pure speculation}

Reactions: RedBoss

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm actually more amazed at Dire's acting skill to pull off that prank. His previous scripted stuff in his single player has always been very forced. As to IC2? what's that? I abandoned that many MC versions ago. It's stagnated.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I have the build. It's real, although the RF support is very unpolished. Allegedly it took them less time to port IC2 to RF than it took me to create the "new power system" for BuildCraft - and that took 2.5 hours of coding.
Well duh - you don't have the little red lines that Direwolf mentioned in his IC2 video

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Except that'd run entirely counter to the mentality shared by literally everyone on the IC2 forum. If they did that, then everyone would just use RF all the time, and the IC2 folks most certainly don't want that.
I like EU, so I would use it.

IC2 is a broken mod and does not deserve premier modpack placement.
How is it broken? it works perfectly fine.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I like EU, so I would use it.

How is it broken? it works perfectly fine.
Broken in the sense that the E-net isn't working as intended. As I was old hat Techic pack I had some experience with IC2. I was being careful and using transformers to step down voltage.
In Infinity Exp mode I was trying to hook up some what I thought to be med voltage and freaked out when I connected my gold wire to the copper. I thought at the very best the copper would fry. But nope.

The EU energy net does not seem to be working as intended.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Broken in the sense that the E-net isn't working as intended. As I was old hat Techic pack I had some experience with IC2. I was being careful and using transformers to step down voltage.
In Infinity Exp mode I was trying to hook up some what I thought to be med voltage and freaked out when I connected my gold wire to the copper. I thought at the very best the copper would fry. But nope.

The EU energy net does not seem to be working as intended.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Yeah, when they started reworking the e-net in IC2e, it was bad and buggy so they disabled explosions, and then it never got fixed.

Reactions: RedBoss