Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should add an easter egg to the table that when activated lets you play sudoku! Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
That... is a really, really good idea. You'll need a means of freezing selected squares for pre-filled sections, and various vanilla blocks be your numbers. (Or actual numbers.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
That... is a really, really good idea. You'll need a means of freezing selected squares for pre-filled sections, and various vanilla blocks be your numbers. (Or actual numbers.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
Why not both

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Another tripple release:

New version of McJtyLib 1.3.0 (required for RFTools and Deep Resonance).

New version of RFTools 3.31:

3.31:
  • Needs McJtyLib 1.3.0!
  • Fixed a cheaty bug where the crafter would repair or recharge items based on previous recipes that were made with the fully repaired item but then supplied with lower quality/charge items.
  • Various improvements to the shield system:
    • Shield improvements. By doing ctrl-click on the shield projector it will also scan for template blocks that are only connected on corners (i.e. the template blocks don't have to touch anymore). Also added support for this for OC and CC (composeShieldDsc command)
    • The tier 3 shield can now hold 3 times as much RF in its internal buffer, can accept 2 times as much RF/t per side (10000 now) and can make shields 4 times as big (4096 blocks).
    • It is now possible to make four types of shield templates (put a template in a crafting grid to switch it to the next type) which makes it possible to have adjacant shields that are controlled by different shield projectors:
    • 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f54334b4c4241742e706e67
  • Added 'autofocusSearch' option to disable the auto focus on the search bar in the modular storage GUI. Also fixed the bug where clearing the text with RMB would not be remembered (requires new mcjtylib).
  • Added a new 'preventInterdimensionalTeleports' option to prevent teleportation within the same dimension for the charged porter as well as the transmitter/receiver combo (disabled by default of course).
  • Added a new 'voidOnly' config option to automatically blacklist all terrain dimlets except for 'void'. This is an easy option for server owners that are worried about RFTools dimensions taking too many resources but still want to allow efficient dimensions.
  • Improved the matter beamer lasers using code stolen from Deep Resonance.

New version of Deep Resonance (0.2.0 beta):

0.2.0:
  • Needs McJtyLib 1.3.0.
  • Needs ElecCore 1.4.130.
  • The first usable release of Deep Resonance. In this version the powergen works but you can only use naturally spawned crystals since it is not yet possible to make your own crystals. So do not expect a lot of power with this right now (about 104 RF/tick maximum with a naturally spawned crystal).
  • Warning: all powergen, radiation, and explosion strength values in this version of Deep Resonance are not guaranteed to remain as they are now. This is still work in progress and things may be rebalanced in various directions.
  • Note that if you had crystals of DR 0.1.0 then these will be upgraded because I made the power level too small. This is done automatically for all crystals that are on the ground. If you have a mined crystal in a chest then putting it down will upgrade it.
  • Crystals explode (violently) when another explosion triggers near them. This depends on the strength and power of a crystal. Naturally spawned crystals are not as bad.
  • Exploding crystals as well as generating power from dirty crystals (which includes the naturally spawned crystals) will generate radiation. This radiation will cause various bad effects like hunger, poison and so on. The radiation of natural crystals is limited in radius and strength. There are no ways yet to counter this radiation. Turning off a generator will slowly remove the radiation (can take a while).
  • Implemented a radiation meter. This is capped to radiation of strength 200000 which you will normally never encounter with the crystals you can get right now.
  • Implemented the generator multiblock. This multiblock needs one or more generators, one energy collector (only one will work correctly, in the future it will be made sure that you can only use one), and one generator controller to turn the generator on (with redstone). A generator block can handle up to two crystals as well as up to 10000RF/tick. For more crystals you need more generators.
  • Internally Elec332 did a lot of work on the fluid system and the smelter. Since this is not ready yet these blocks have not been enabled. That's for a future release.
  • 'nanakisan' contributed a better looking crystal model.

McJtyLib 1.3.0: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/233105-mcjtylib#t1:other-downloads
RFTools 3.31: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads
Deep Resonance 0.2.0: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/233398-deep-resonance#t1:other-downloads

Note that Deep Resonance also requires ElecCore (in addition to McJtyLib):
ElecCore 1.4.130: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/227391-eleccore-dimensionapi#t1:other-downloads

Have fun!

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
New LMT update is live~ :3
FIX: Organized and cleaned up lots of code
FIX: Armour having 33000 durability. It was a miscalculation.
NEW: Fully Implemented Armour
INFO: Bloodmoon armour gives strength, resistance, mining fatigue as well as slowness.
INFO: Icarium armour give speed, haste and flight, but also weakness.
NEW: Infused Alloy
INFO: Isfused Alloy is made from fusing a Dreamium and Nightmarium ingot together
NEW: Dreamium, Nightmarium, Infused Alloy, and Heavenly Alloy Storage Blocks
NEW: Sort of implemented Sinister Stones
INFO: When held in hand, they will apply buffs to the player. They are kind of buggy at the moment so I wouldn't trust them.
CHANGE: Dream Imbued Stone's texture is slowed down
CHANGE: Dream Imbued Stone spawns a lot less
CHANGE: Astris is removed
INFO: Any recipes using Astris now either uses Diamond or Infused Alloys
CHANGE: Changed Creative Tab icon
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/232840-lyras-magnificent-trinkets/files/2252812
can I use this in a modpack?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
ok. im not really planning on using this with anyone else so that's fine.
That kind of negates the reason to ask for permission. Actually you can use any mod in a pack if you don't actually distribute them.
When you ask permission it's just asking permission to be able to give copies to others.
You don't have to ask to play a mod. If the author makes it publically available it's assumed you are allowed to use it how you please so long as that doesn't entail giving copies out.

Permission is just a distribution thing.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
That kind of negates the reason to ask for permission. Actually you can use any mod in a pack if you don't actually distribute them.
When you ask permission it's just asking permission to be able to give copies to others.
You don't have to ask to play a mod. If the author makes it publically available it's assumed you are allowed to use it how you please so long as that doesn't entail giving copies out.

To be fair, he could be making the pack now for himself then might release it on something like the ATLauncher later. I don't know his plans so I can't really tell :p

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019

To be fair, he could be making the pack now for himself then might release it on something like the ATLauncher later. I don't know his plans so I can't really tell :p

well now it only has 7 quests. I might distribute it later, but im pretty much telling people to craft wood planks and sticks.

EDIT: and giving them more planks and sticks as rewards.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, he could be making the pack now for himself then might release it on something like the ATLauncher later. I don't know his plans so I can't really tell
Well then I guess asking is fine but I'd personally ask only when I decide to make a pack public.

Also if the mods are posted to curse and used from the Curse launcher the permission is implied. A potential ethical powder keg and has led to a few good mods being absent. One example Reika's mods, that guy loves his control (understandable).

So if you use a mod from Curse launcher you also don't have to ask. Still might be courteous to ask, but it's like asking for your fiance's fathers blessing. Even if he says no there's nothing really stopping you from going through with it.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
New 1.9 snapshot just released, looking pretty epic, really balances the spam clicking problem in PvP.
Along with some new and interesting command blocks.
This should explain it fairly well: