Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
i dunno what will happen, but imo MJ and RF(the power system, not the API) are different. if MJ machines
generate/use RF(again, the power system, not the API) and BC conductive pipes transport RF(ie, use TE dynamos or bigreactors to power BC), then,
23d26f095c02f32b7f5477dd16144b26224d8f6e2e788e0960c4bfc4b20e9f5a.jpg
thought i might as well put my feelings about the RF assimilation of MJ here. (from a convo) i just feel that RF(power system, not API) and MJ are different.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
You do know that RF can be made to simulate the former mj system right?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
that is not what that quote is about.
Come on, we already had an entirety of two s***storms about this topic, just let it go.
agreed, but this is just something i felt i should leave here. if it causes another "storm" i will be quite sorry.
The teams behind Forestry and Buildcraft already said they are gonna stick with the way MJ works when they move over to RF.
yes, but will they let RF stuff power BC stuff?

kay, im going to stop here to try and not cause another storm.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
that is not what that quote is about.

agreed, but this is just something i felt i should leave here. if it causes another "storm" i will be quite sorry.

yes, but will they let RF stuff power BC stuff?

kay, im going to stop here to try and not cause another storm.
That's an interesting question. They could make it use RF but only let BC pipes connect.

Reactions: pc_assassin

zerotheliger

Jul 29, 2019
MFR farms lose efficiency at the larger sizes IIRC. Also I belive that you can make an MFR farm that size with the appropriate range upgrade. Despite this, you can still run 2-3 MFR farms with harvesters at a much lower cost than the "new" Forestry farms. For my money, EnderIO or golems are the best bets for farming in the current state of mods.

it seems people have forgotten what minecraft was like before modders made things easy to the point of boring. with blocks that can automate everything just at the cost of power. instead of having production lines back in the day for forestry to keep fertilizer,dirt,sand,water etc stocked to the farms. what happened to the days of having to plan out your sorting system instead of using a infinite chest. the days of a room dedicated to storage? and i dont want to hear about lag. concern about lag has only caused some mods to become boring which is why i support what AE2 has gone and done to bring it inline with logistics pipes. heck this is why people shy away from the new IC2 systems because having too many machines is complicated and too difficult :/ what has happened to the days of working towards something? rather than plopping down a couple of machines and realizing oh hey i don't need to do anything now its all automated. its also why people freaked out about the recent thaumcraft 4 changes with warp don't they remember TC2? If there's no challenge i see a lot of people leaving servers after only spending a week or 2 building their stuff. or starting over in single player because they pretty much hit end game at the end of one or two mods tech trees. Which is why mods like gregtech or rotarycraft or ic2 are trying to slow people down a bit so they dont hit end game in a matter of days. i remember back in the day when a months worth of work meant just getting some automation done with a group of friends was hard work. Or mods made you think on how to setup automation.

thats my 2 cents.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
it seems people have forgotten what minecraft was like before modders made things easy to the point of boring. with blocks that can automate everything just at the cost of power. instead of having production lines back in the day for forestry to keep fertilizer,dirt,sand,water etc stocked to the farms. what happened to the days of having to plan out your sorting system instead of using a infinite chest. the days of a room dedicated to storage? and i dont want to hear about lag. concern about lag has only caused some mods to become boring which is why i support what AE2 has gone and done to bring it inline with logistics pipes. heck this is why people shy away from the new IC2 systems because having too many machines is complicated and too difficult :/ what has happened to the days of working towards something? rather than plopping down a couple of machines and realizing oh hey i don't need to do anything now its all automated. its also why people freaked out about the recent thaumcraft 4 changes with warp don't they remember TC2? If there's no challenge i see a lot of people leaving servers after only spending a week or 2 building their stuff. or starting over in single player because they pretty much hit end game at the end of one or two mods tech trees. Which is why mods like gregtech or rotarycraft or ic2 are trying to slow people down a bit so they dont hit end game in a matter of days. i remember back in the day when a months worth of work meant just getting some automation done with a group of friends was hard work. Or mods made you think on how to setup automation.

thats my 2 cents.
agreed. also, i really miss TC2. it is my favorite TC version.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

I love when people fail to realize that MFR predates almost every single mod you're referencing. MFR is an OLD mod. The original MineFactory was created by Feanorith for MC 1.3 beta.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...272403-v1-5_01-feanors-mods-minefactory-v1-0n . Check that post date, January 2011.

I also don't know why you quoted me for your soap box. I personally don't care how you play the game. I don't care about complexity. If I wanted complexity, I can play with vanilla redstone and never worry about mods. Play styles vary just like flavors of ice cream. Don't hate on me for only wanting a scoop of vanilla with only sprinkles. I wish you fun and joy with your banana split conglomeration.

Last edited:

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why mods like gregtech or rotarycraft or ic2 are trying to slow people down a bit so they dont hit end game in a matter of days.
I use neither of those mods, in fact I use mods like MFR often. The reason I don't reach endgame in a couple of days because.....er.....I don't rush to endgame like it's some sort of race?

Seriously, a lot of people in this community seem to have an issue with setting their own goals.

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Golems have a short range. Ender IO needs axes piped in constantly. MFR is sluggish with big farms.
Then there is Forestry. When a tree grows, it gets chopped down immediately. Trees on a Forestry farm grow faster due to being on Hummus. Forestry can have a few points where you can pipe in and out items, unlike Ender IO and MFR.
And Forestry only needs a trickle of power.[DOUBLEPOST=1411648121][/DOUBLEPOST]And Ender IO needs tons of power.

Current (beta) EnderIO recipes also require soul sand and... zombie heads for the farming station, in addition to being fed an ongoing supply of tools and power.

Forestry farms may very well deserve a fresh look.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
If people didn't rush the endgame, then this wouldn't occur. That's all everyone does. Build automation, quarry stuff, build some farms, and poof, endgame. That is no modder's fault, that's the fault of everyone playing the mods. Those who play vanilla can play for months and months building complex contraptions and beautiful buildings. I personally make it a goal to make a rather large build in every game before I even have a quarry. I'm currently building a castle in SSP out of chisel marble. I just got a TiCo hammer the other day after playing for a week because I got tired of mining. It's not about the amount of content you have, it's how you decide to play the game. Could I have rushed through UE, gotten the digital miner, then mined all the marble I need in a few days? Sure, even easy. Would that be as fulfulling? Probably not. Would I have gotten bored? Definitely. I could spend days having fun with AE and TE, creating massively complex sorting and automation. The people who spend a few hours probably just make the machines and then leave it sit. It's not about the content of the game, it's how you play it.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's "a wrong way" to play a game. Play however the hell you want to, I say.

Shit hits the fan when people start saying that you can't enjoy playing the game one way because they don't. *There's* the problem. The people who moan about MFR being overpowered and the people who moan about IC2 being tedious alike: Why is it so hard to stop cramming your junk down people's throats all the time? I myself think that MFR and TE are boring, but I don't flipping go on their forums and spam about it. JUST SHUT UP!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Shit hits the fan when people start saying that you can't enjoy playing the game one way because they don't. *There's* the problem. The people who moan about MFR being overpowered and the people who moan about IC2 being tedious alike: Why is it so hard to stop cramming your junk down people's throats all the time? I myself think that MFR and TE are boring, but I don't flipping go on their forums and spam about it. JUST SHUT UP!
Plus, around 95% of these moans could be solved if the moaners took a look at Minetweaker. But it's easier to moan, then do something constructive.

Oh, damn, did I just moan about moaners?...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, around 95% of these moans could be solved if the moaners took a look at Minetweaker. But it's easier to moan, then do something constructive.

Oh, damn, did I just moan about moaners?...
I think that's a little unfair, mind. One, a lot of people don't even know about Minetweaker, and more importantly, "You wouldn't see this as a problem if you used a (third?)-party tool to change it" really isn't constructive feedback as regards the mod itself.

A lot of the moans aren't constructive feedback either, sure, but I tend to see "fix it yourself" as often being a supremely unhelpful and often rather insufferable response; it strays dangerously close to a personal attack at times.

One of the major factors that, I think, contributed both to IC2's popularity and eventual decline was that the devs always took "someone else fixed it" as sufficient reason not to address their own deficiencies (see Advanced Machines).

Long story short I feel that sort of thinking is a bit of a dangerous habit on our part, and it can carry significant second- and third-order consequences.

And sorry to write a moderate novel in response to your two sentences ;)

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is that those 'problems' are not problems, they are just design choices that certain people don't agree with. And the entire mod isn't going to change for a few people that don't like one particular thing. Heck, even if 90% of the fanbase (or "fanbase" for the matter) want something, that doesn't mean it needs to be added to the mod, since the developers may still disagree with it since it doesn't fit the creative vision, for example. Your example of Advanced Machines is not fixing a deficiency, the IC2 devs decided that ONLY an induction furnace was balanced, they didn't want a macerator equivalent, that was an ACTIVE desicion. This is why addons exist, and why people say 'go use minetweaker' if you think the recipes are bad or a feature is missing. ALL mod devs do this.