Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I tried. I did want to talk to see if Mojang had fixed the latest performance issues.

p.s. I advise changing the name of this thread to recent mod events discussion instead if we can't talk about vanilla.

Mojang once stated that they think of vanilla as a mod. :p

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Greg added utility stuff to thaumcraft too, don't forget that.
I'd really like Greg to make his Ore Unificator available as a separate mod. Every modpack I've made until now has had GT in it, but this time I wanted to try something different. I do dearly miss his unification, though...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I will soon exist in that sphere :p
I hope to one day exist in that sphere :p
Witchery added some stuff but honestly I don't use Witchery that much because it's simply not very useful in SSP compared to most other mods. The vast majority of its content is aimed at PvP.
I've talked to Emoniph about this, and he said, IIRC, that this was not the plan or goal of the mod, and just about everything should be about as useful in SSP as SMP. I have found this to be true, after experimenting with literally everything in it.
Probably like this:

I finally got around to watching that. Lol. I think the best part is the house-building bit :p

Reactions: buggirlexpres

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
How does that even work? o_O

The idea being underlining programing of minecraft in general and the actual content being completely separate things. That you could eventually remove it and make mod packs with out any vanilla content. A true total conversion pack.