Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well I probably wouldn't make mods if I didn't get at least a little bit of attention for them
Agreed, hence my apparently memetic statment
User numbers matter. Remaining true to one's principles matter more

But to say that mod devs are equivalent to being paid?

If I am supposed to be getting paid and am not, I have a very large invoice for someone. :p

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I make mods because I need/want something. If it gets attention, great.
If not, I still have the mod i needed/wanted.

Reactions: Flipz

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Wait so your saying you get 50(ish) dollars an hour? I knew you where a rocket scientist but that's crazy! (This coming from a family of ten only making 12 an hour....)

Seeing how much you get for pay was actually the whole reason I asked (sorry)
Entry-level engineering jobs (as in right out of university) pull in around 60k a year here, and that rises quickly; A professor of mine once said "six figures within six years"; Of course, this requires that you actually keep your job and be at least competent at it. ;).

Top earners earn on par with doctors and more than most politicians, rivalled only by people like CEOs and athletes (250+K/yr), but that is rare and requires you to be very valuable.

And no, money is not the reason I went in, though it is admittedly a nice incentive.

Before people start migrating here en masse, though, I do want to say: living in Toronto is expensive (land is like $1K/ft^2, and the poverty line is at $20K/yr). Oh, and Canada's immigration rules are extremely tough; I took the test (for fun) and failed. :p

Reactions: pc_assassin

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Entry-level engineering jobs (as in right out of university) pull in around 60k a year here, and that rises quickly; A professor of mine once said "six figures within six years"; Of course, this requires that you actually keep your job and be at least competent at it. ;).

Top earners earn on par with doctors and more than most politicians, rivalled only by people like CEOs and athletes (250+K/yr), but that is rare and requires you to be very valuable.

And no, money is not the reason I went in, though it is admittedly a nice incentive.
Hmm, /me does math... Maybe it is a market for this in Norway... We have a higher average income than Canada, meaning I might be able to get even more...

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

Before people start migrating here en masse, though, I do want to say: living in Toronto is expensive (land is like $1K/ft^2, and the poverty line is at $20K/yr). Oh, and Canada's immigration rules are extremely tough; I took the test (for fun) and failed. :p
So you're Canadian then? That explains everything...

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Is that not already public knowledge?

Also, the posts, both by Gadt and by ArchNihil have been removed. Unfortunately, I only have the former archived. Does anyone else have the latter in cache?
It's pretty much everything we know about you :p

I'm looking through a few web archives for it.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Is that not already public knowledge?

Also, the posts, both by Gadt and by ArchNihil have been removed. Unfortunately, I only have the former archived. Does anyone else have the latter in cache?
Public, probably. I have yet to catch up to public knowledge, however...

The posts are on their profile: http://www.minecraftforum.net/members/ArchNihil/posts

EDIT: Well, actually, the posts that start the drama aren't there... just some of the framework. Dangit.
EDIT2: And a lot of the other posts were already deleted as well, including mine. Hm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.