Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I think that there are some specific cases where having immutable data can actually help the developer. One of these cases is functional programming. In which it must be insured that given the same data a function will do/return the same thing. This is needed because functions are usually built using many many other functions; these functions are also built in this way. Due to this you must insure that the function's data it uses besides the arguments is immutable.
Hehe...Way too many...get it? :D
- first symptoms are showing up
The difference between too and to. This is one of the signs of the worst parts of English

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
For this C++ has const correctness. But in Java you can't know whether or not a function modifies the objects it recieves.
Also, even final fields can be changes using Reflection.
On the other hand C++ has const_cast (which lets you get a mutable reference from a const reference), but this is dangerous. Much more so than Reflection.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's morally wrong to place "final" before "static"...

Like:
Code:
public final static boolean test = true;
It's just wrong...

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. so my friends and I are trying to create a spigot server, and we watched some videos and followed all of the steps correctly(i believe) and we have java, but are really confused on why it won't work. Every time we open the start.command shell it does this.....

*** ERROR *** BuildTools should be run with Java 7 or above.

*** ERROR *** Use java -version to check your Java version.

logout

HELPPPP!!!

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Let me tell you a little story.

The PC that I use actually isn't in my room, but a guest room across the house. The guest room has an ugly bed that takes up a good amount of space. I'm pretty sure my parents would get rid of the bed if I asked, but honestly I'll never do that for one simple reason: I need something to fall over laughing on that isn't the floor whenever people post crap like this.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
(friend) Dude is that Minecraft?
(me) yes
(Guy opposite) isn't that the game with shitty graphics from the 90s?
(me) Yep. The graphics are pretty shit. {Turns laptop around.}

*attempts to claw out eyes*

I hate, hate, HATE graphics whores. They are the worst thing about gaming, I swear. Now, its all about pixel count in textures and poly count in models instead of making a decent, effing functional game that's fun to play.

Also, yes, kids do need to get off my law before I get my shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.