Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Not idiotic, but derpy.
Look at the captions. :D
bf0f81b318.jpg
But Brussels DO require power >.>

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Hey, it could do us some good ;)

Anyway. Something actually OT for the thread :O
Someone said to me (talking about Let it End):
"Using the pressure chamber (pneumaticcraft) to make components for a machine is not realistic"
I think that takes stupid comment of the day :p
I was just like, so their trying to prove that a world made of blocks, is not realistic :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1SDAN

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, it could do us some good ;)

Anyway. Something actually OT for the thread :O
Someone said to me (talking about Let it End):
"Using the pressure chamber (pneumaticcraft) to make components for a machine is not realistic"
I think that takes stupid comment of the day :p
Well while the notion that we don't use pressure chambers in the process of manufacturing goods is stupid. The way PneumatiCraft does this is unrealistic, also the way it uses pressure to power it machines is rather unrealistic. But I don't think hyper realism is what Pneumaticraft is aimed at.

Reactions: trajing and 1SDAN

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I don't see how pneumatic pressure is overly different to hydraulic pressure- both can be used to drive machines; in some RL instances fluid pressure is the most practical method of transferring energy/driving machinery.

While a pressure chamber may be "unrealistic" for manufacturing stuff [except gemstones], all Pneumaticraft does is take it's pressure mechanics and apply it to a different crafting machine- which preserves the continuity and flow of the game's design.

Reactions: 1SDAN

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
We have games where you play a plumber that tries to rescue a princess by jumping on turtles, who grows by eating mushrooms. We have games where taking a breather recovers bullet wounds. We have games where you can play a homicidal maniac, and the police just kinda forgets about you time after time. And your friend is like "meh, pneumaticraft doesn't quite handle the pressure crafting realistically"...that's what he or she draws issue with? In a world thats made out of blocks, where dying means you return to your bed and where you can drink a potion that just magically makes you able to swim in lava like it's a warm glowy pool? Where you can hold thousands of pounds of stone in your...pockets?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
We have games where you play a plumber that tries to rescue a princess by jumping on turtles, who grows by eating mushrooms. We have games where taking a breather recovers bullet wounds. We have games where you can play a homicidal maniac, and the police just kinda forgets about you time after time. And your friend is like "meh, pneumaticraft doesn't quite handle the pressure crafting realistically"...that's what he or she draws issue with? In a world thats made out of blocks, where dying means you return to your bed and where you can drink a potion that just magically makes you able to swim in lava like it's a warm glowy pool? Where you can hold thousands of pounds of stone in your...pockets?
In your mouth. Not your pockets xD

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If I must be honest- I don't actually interpret RotaryCraft et al as 'realistic', rather as a complex series of unique game mechanics used to emulate Minecraft's laws of motion.
Being somewhat similar to real life mechanical principles simply helps to preserve the suspension of disbelief and provide deeper levels of player immersion; as a result of making the right design decisions in this case.
Realism -for me- can never form an intrinsic part of the game experience, it forms rather a coincidental alignment of a fantasy universe with the real one.

Reactions: Vasa

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
If I must be honest- I don't actually interpret RotaryCraft et al as 'realistic', rather as a complex series of unique game mechanics used to emulate Minecraft's laws of motion.
Being somewhat similar to real life mechanical principles simply helps to preserve the suspension of disbelief and provide deeper levels of player immersion; as a result of making the right design decisions in this case.
Realism -for me- can never form an intrinsic part of the game experience, it forms rather a coincidental alignment of a fantasy universe with the real one.
bus-simulator-cz-pc-dvd-big-37082.jpg

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
If they look the same to you, you should probably see a doctor. :p
QinetiQ-Ion-Engine-hi-res.jpg
ion thruster. neat.
high specific impulse, low thrust. bad for getting stuff into orbit, but good for puttering around the system or staying in orbit.

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
If they look the same to you, you should probably see a doctor. :p
QinetiQ-Ion-Engine-hi-res.jpg
EXTERMINATE!

I was talking to one of my friends younger brothers about modded MC and when I showed him the modpack I created he didn't know most of the mods. He tends to go for things like OreSpawn and when he asked why it wasn't in the pack and I told him it was unbalanced he just stared at me...

Status
Not open for further replies.