Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
We got another:
QrJq4x6.png
actually SELLS top tier stuff, gets mad when players USE it to raze the server to bedrock, blames mod author for MAKING it.
seem legit. its never their fault is it- always the fault of everyone around them.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I thought of one. My friend saw my base after having created four overlapping GT fusion reactors that gave me tons of UU matter and two dedicated floors to mass bee resource farming. Her reaction to this achivement, "Isn't that just creative mode now?". Some people just miss the point.

Reactions: RedBoss

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I thought of one. My friend saw my base after having created four overlapping GT fusion reactors that gave me tons of UU matter and two dedicated floors to mass bee resource farming. Her reaction to this achivement, "Isn't that just creative mode now?". Some people just miss the point.
She's kind of right though.

Once you can make anything with a flick of your ME system, the only thing left to do is set it up in a way you like, and you might as well do that in creative.

Then again, it's more about the journey than the goal itself.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019

Once you can make anything with a flick of your ME system, the only thing left to do is set it up in a way you like, and you might as well do that in creative.

Don't forget, large explosions are always a fun goal, and a quick way of removing the virtual creative mode and creating lots of new goals to repair/rebuild (or even start over elsewhere!) :D
...My friends want to summon Blood Magic meteors down onto my ReC Tokamak just to see what happens... ;_;

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019

Your last sentence shows you got it. "Why don't you just..." is not the kind of reason one can follow in a sandbox style game. In theory "I could just" give myself creative power cells with creative tanks and go to town. I could remove several quality of life mods from my game at that rate too. I wouldnt need to learn how to automate things, I wouldnt need to learn half the mods at all. Creative mode saps creativity for me more than it adds to it. I just don't have problems to solve.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Just putting this out there, but the freemium game design model is one of the largest grossing on mobile devices. Just look at the highest grossing apps on Google Play, most of them are freemium. Doing this with Minecraft makes sense from a business standpoint, even if it is incredibly unethical (and potentially illegal).

I do not condone this, just playing devil's advocate.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Wait...that's happened before?! Well, I guess its no different than that evangelical Minecraft server that actively encouraged real-world theft to fund donations.
Have you seen Reika's first post in the RoC thread? It is filled with examples of idiots...

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Just putting this out there, but the freemium game design model is one of the largest grossing on mobile devices. Just look at the highest grossing apps on Google Play, most of them are freemium. Doing this with Minecraft makes sense from a business standpoint, even if it is incredibly unethical (and potentially illegal).

I do not condone this, just playing devil's advocate.

And 99% of them are either really bad games that are toxic to gaming culture or are really good but incredibly P2W for reasons Extra Credits have already gone over in one of their vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.