Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This just happened:
https://github.com/sinkillerj/ProjectE/pull/588
pkoirQ0.png

I wonder if he is the same person as yoshiman22:
https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/911
https://github.com/SleepyTrousers/EnderIO/issues/2068

Last edited:

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

You'll have to forgive me if you've answered this question a million bajillion time before but what are your rules? Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't really tell from the thread you posted.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'm actually quite impressed by the way you and your mates ignored his crap in both those threads you posted along side it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

You'll have to forgive me if you've answered this question a million bajillion time before but what are your rules? Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't really tell from the thread you posted.
In this context? That modifying RC like that in anything but SSP is not permitted, and that anyone doing it loses all rights to technical support. Additionally relevant here is that reporting a problem of your own creation is grounds for severe criticism.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I like how that entitled brat says that he is a "big developer", posting on an alternate account to prevent being "tracked down and smeared" by Reika when he is doing the exact same thing...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In fact, we have laws permitting disclosement of data under certain circumstances. I think that it would require a police report though (yes, harassment is illegal).

In the United States that requires a warrant. And as this kind of harassment is not illegal here, you won't be getting that warrant.

Also, tracking someone down in real life because they posted something like that is both creepy and pathetic. Could we not suggest it again?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
49 states in U.S have some kind of anti-bullying law. 1 only has a policy. 42 states have both.

Good luck getting this to stand in a court of law. I've seen far worse be thrown out of court under those laws. Those laws are almost never used from everything I have seen.
I didn't suggest to track them down in real life. I wanted to find their nick.

Which again is creepy and completely unnecessary.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In fact, we have laws permitting disclosement of data under certain circumstances. I think that it would require a police report though (yes, harassment is illegal).
In comes people in the rest of the world where privacy is #1 bar none, and only the police have the ability to access anyones information, even if you assume someone is a terrorist, and that they are going to act within the next hour, their privacy can only be breached by the policy, who need to get permission through court, unless the terrorist threat was super high, then they can bypass the court, but have to explain why later. So you would never get access to this information!
And as much as I like you, if I was to find out you had access to anyone's data (including my own) I would be taking you to court, and as its my data, the court hearing would be in England, and because you have breached my privacy, I wouldn't even need an attorney to win.

My stupid thing in Modded MC: (more MC in general)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32051153

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The funniest off all these sort of stories is the fact that minecraft is low resolution will always be mentioned in some way or another. Since when does it matter how much pixels a texture has to convince people that {insert name of something here} is bad?
This is especially true seeing as the games most reporters would have played while growing up were 8-bit/16-bit, which means that Minecraft textures are on par of their childhood games' textures.
But what I find idiotic about it is that people still cannot see that redstone is an amazing "programming" tool, and teaches children to push the limits... and that final statement about engineers "forgetting about gravity"

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
This is especially true seeing as the games most reporters would have played while growing up were 8-bit/16-bit, which means that Minecraft textures are on par of their childhood games' textures.
But what I find idiotic about it is that people still cannot see that redstone is an amazing "programming" tool, and teaches children to push the limits... and that final statement about engineers "forgetting about gravity"

Redstone is actually an incredibly helpful tool for circuits. I have a friend taking a course on logic gates and electronic design and I'm able to help him with projects because I've spent enough time with redstone to learn the gates. So while I don't personally see it as a programming tool like you said, I do agree it can teach things that are useful in life.

Reactions: gold49 and 1SDAN

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

Well some people don't know how a computer works and thus fail to see how redstone can be used to teach how a computer works.
They may see some people making a computer but then how do they know that the redstone computer works the same as a real one, I mean a computer in a computer game sounds kind of strange for someone who doesn't know how it works in the first place. Thus they just think it does not work the same as a real computer.

Reactions: gold49 and 1SDAN

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well there are miles between a simple redstone contraption and a real computer.
And these simple graphics are indeed remarkable when you compare Minecraft to other contemporary games.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm curious as to how people view redstone setup as a computer versus just an electronic circuit. Not really seeing it but I may be missing something.

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.