Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I remember a mod like that.
Lets see. Ah here it is I think.
Ugh I found it via that sky guys channel. He screams way to much.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ontinued-retardation-squid-mod-new-mob-retard
Yeah mine just added squids to the water biomes that are way faster, and insanely strong. They dealt damage on impact with players. They also caused a stupid amount of lag and console spam when they spawned, which was a lot, but that's beside the point.

Also the amount of times that thread has the word "retard" really bothers me. It's a bit much. I normally wouldn't care that much, but 12 times in a single post is.. um.. yeah.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm pretty sure sky knows it's a joke. I've seen one or two of... part of one or two of his videos and he was always laughing about it.
Though he seemed to laugh about everything.
Someone needs to make him piss in a cup. :/
I'd happily piss in his cup for him...... his coffee cup that is.

Reactions: 1SDAN

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, lets piss in a dude's coffee cup because the people that like him are obnoxious.
From what I've seen of his videos he is intentionally playing to the absolute lowest common denominator, as such I'd treat his with the same derision I would the writer who came up Barney the dinosaur. Course, I'm also know to be the grouch who works to get the ice cream truck banned from his neighborhood.....

Reactions: RedBoss and 1SDAN

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen of his videos he is intentionally playing to the absolute lowest common denominator, as such I'd treat his with the same derision I would the writer who came up Barney the dinosaur. Course, I'm also know to be the grouch who works to get the ice cream truck banned from his neighborhood.....
:eek: You monster!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: You monster!
Yeah, the neighborhood thought so as well, those HOA meetings didn't go very well, and I wound up having the joy of being forced to repaint the house that summer........
Yes, the song below is extremely racist, but I'm making a historical point. The roots of the Ice cream song are in Americas black face traditions....... and this particular version is rather blatant, even the more socially acceptable version 'turkey in the straw' was originaly played in blackface openly mocking certain members of our society.

video: I removed this...... I'd rather not be banned.... it doesn't take much google-fu to figure out what I'm talking about.

That's without discussing prices or the kids that die across the nation while chasing the trucks. Or the fact that the neighborhood is posted as banning solicitation yet the trucks are allowed to prowl the streets..... anyways not really the point of this thread.

Reactions: RedBoss

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

Just wanted to add this:

Just putting it here before someone says all children's shows are horrible. All (Most) new children's shows may be horrible, but not the old ones.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Everybody assumes DRM is evil ever since some big game companies used it. But it isn't. It's meant to protect your work from illicit use/modification. Mod devs are allowed to require permission to use their mods in pack and license their mods, but they aren't allowed to enforce it? It seems silly.[DOUBLEPOST=1412171418][/DOUBLEPOST]Forge even has built in functionality to allow a mod not to load if it detects another mod/condition.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've always held that its not DRM that's bad, but how people have been implementing it. A CD key? Perfectly acceptable. Pinging a known company server with your client's authorization key to ensure authenticity? Again, perfectly fine. Limiting it to only X number of installs per key? Implemented terribly, completely idiotic, but again an okay idea in theory. Installing rootkits or other malware on your machine to ensure that you're being a good little boy, all the while leaving your computer with a gaping orifice waiting to be plundered by anyone with the know-how? Yeah, no, you can go suck a railroad spike.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite form of DRM is when a company pirates their own game and spams the player with messages shaming them into buying said game. XD!

Reactions: pc_assassin

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've always held that its not DRM that's bad, but how people have been implementing it. A CD key? Perfectly acceptable. Pinging a known company server with your client's authorization key to ensure authenticity? Again, perfectly fine. Limiting it to only X number of installs per key? Implemented terribly, completely idiotic, but again an okay idea in theory. Installing rootkits or other malware on your machine to ensure that you're being a good little boy, all the while leaving your computer with a gaping orifice waiting to be plundered by anyone with the know-how? Yeah, no, you can go suck a railroad spike.
Replace the "s" with an "f". :p

But yes, there is nothing inherently wrong with DRM, and statements to the contrary are - nearly without exception - borne of distaste for poorer implementations (like always-online or rootkits) or outright indignation at the idea of having to pay for something ("copyright is a lie!").

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Replace the "s" with an "f". :p

But yes, there is nothing inherently wrong with DRM, and statements to the contrary are - nearly without exception - borne of distaste for poorer implementations (like always-online or rootkits) or outright indignation at the idea of having to pay for something ("copyright is a lie!").

The functional application of DRM seems to only hurt legit players anymore. Real pirates get around it all the time. I miss CD keys just being the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.