Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently being raised on the technological nanny and loving every minute of it :p

Then again I am less than normal being a computer programmer...

Reactions: ljfa

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'm personally against techno-nannying regardless. It may work for some, but for many it fails miserably. If you ask me, there's nothing that can replace playing spending good old quality time with your parents as you all work together in conquering that DARNED RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINE IN THE MERMALAIR!!!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm personally against techno-nannying regardless. It may work for some, but for many it fails miserably. If you ask me, there's nothing that can replace playing spending good old quality time with your parents as you all work together in conquering that DARNED RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINE IN THE MERMALAIR!!!
It works for me because I am naturally an introvert IRL, but on the interwebs I am free to be myself.

Reactions: 1SDAN

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Eh... they're right on some fronts and wrong on others
What are they right about? If you go back at all in time, you find less civil rights, less medical technology and less knowledge about the world in general. It is just fools who want to glorify their youth who claim it was ever better.

Last edited:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
What are they right about? If you go back at all in time, you find less civil rights, less medical technology and less knowledge about the world in general. It is just fools who want to glorify their youth who claim it was ever better.
Some people only see the bad in today's society and use that as their claim. Older people may take one look at something like reddit and think most if not all forums are like that due to their popularity.

On a more personal front, anyone who's watched Nick or Cartoon Network since the 90s feels exactly like the oldies are always (most of the time) better

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Some people only see the bad in today's society and use that as their claim. Older people may take one look at something like reddit and think most if not all forums are like that due to their popularity.

On a more personal front, anyone who's watched Nick or Cartoon Network since the 90s feels exactly like the oldies are always (most of the time) better
Hey reddit is awesome :p
sometimes....in good subs

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
And that is sheer nostalgia talking. Hell, there is even a psychological explanation behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.