Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I changed it to
Why did you do that? Do you really need to stir this up?
By the way, this blog post is over two years old.

Exploding bees that kills you = malicious code?
No. Exploding bee that kills you only if you are using Technic is malicious code IMO.

I guess my anti-reposts code is malicious too.
No. Your FPS locking stuff was malicious, as you realized yourself.

Can't you guys see the difference between enforcing your copyright and excluding or hindering a whole group of people which are innocent for the most part?
I have no problem if you want to enforce your copyright, but you should not utilize every last possible means for that. There is a limit somewhere.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Padfoote

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Why did you do that? Do you really need to stir this up?
By the way, this blog post is over two years old.
I normally post stuff when I find it. I don't accept that Technic fans are trying to say that Technic didn't do anything wrong. They will just convince more newbies that "Forestry is evil". Also, I don't see a big problem with rewording a wiki page?
No. Your FPS locking stuff was malicious, as you realized yourself.
Technically not. I simply changed a setting. It was a bad idea though.
Can't you guys see the difference between enforcing your copyright and excluding or hindering a whole group of people which are innocent for the most part?
I have no problem if you want to enforce your copyright, but you should not utilize every last possible means for that. There is a limit somewhere.
I was actually writing of what people will say, not what I think.

Reactions: 1SDAN

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I normally post stuff when I find it. I don't accept that Technic fans are trying to say that Technic didn't do anything wrong. They will just convince more newbies that "Forestry is evil". Also, I don't see a big problem with rewording a wiki page?
Okay I get that. I wasn't saying that Technic did nothing wrong, but the average user who plays a Technic pack probably did nothing wrong.
A wiki is supposed to be neutral. Your edit was strongly biased. "Its creator does not wish for it to be included in the pack anymore" sounds better to me than "its creator added anti-Technic code to end Technics theft of Forestry" (in fact it implies that Sengir is not having a clean record either).
I'm gonna edit it so that it doesn't say "malicious code" anymore okay?

Reactions: 1SDAN and Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Okay I get that. I wasn't saying that Technic did nothing wrong, but the average user who plays a Technic pack probably did nothing wrong.
A wiki is supposed to be neutral. Your edit was strongly biased. "Its creator does not wish for it to be included in the pack anymore" sounds better to me than "its creator added anti-Technic code to end Technics theft of Forestry" (in fact it implies that Sengir is not having a clean record either).
I'm gonna edit it so that it doesn't say "malicious code" anymore okay?

This is right on the money with how a wiki page should be. Keep it neutral and unbiased. Revert it back to the original edit if you can, and thank you for doing so. We don't need any Technic / FTB drama right now just because someone got a little trigger happy on the edits.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Completely unrelated note. Everyone that has changed their avatar in the past month or so has two avatars, one for posts and one for quotes. Is it just me or are other people having this problem?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
On topic:
technicstupidity.png

This comes from one of the moderators on the Technic forum. Now I get the gist. They really don't care.

Last edited:

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless, it does not warrant continuously bashing them in public and on their wiki. That creates needless drama of which the modded MC community already has plenty of.
For the first part, I didn't write it on their official wiki. Also, before I changed it, the wiki was lying.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
For the first part, I didn't write it on their official wiki. Also, before I changed it, the wiki was lying.

Doesn't matter if it is the official wiki or not. People use whatever they find, which is definitely the case with FTB, and I would imagine it is the same across the board.

Great, the wiki wasn't correct. It happens. Doesn't mean it needs to be "corrected" with a heavily biased statement.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's better with a heavily biased, correct statement than a partially biased, incorrect statement.

No, it's really not. A partially incorrect, unbiased statement is infinitely better than a highly biased, flamebait statement. Everything present on a wiki is supposed to be written in an unbiased manner; anything that is not, regardless of how "correct" it is, is subject to immediate deletion. I don't care who's wiki it is, doing anything that heavily biased is asking for drama. We'd be bitching if they did it to one of the FTB wikis, even if it wasn't the official one.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's really not. A partially incorrect, unbiased statement is infinitely better than a highly biased, flamebait statement. Everything present on a wiki is supposed to be written in an unbiased manner; anything that is not, regardless of how "correct" it is, is subject to immediate deletion. I don't care who's wiki it is, doing anything that heavily biased is asking for drama. We'd be bitching if they did it to one of the FTB wikis, even if it wasn't the official one.
If it makes you happy, I'll reword it to be totally neutral.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Is this ok for everyone?
A Public Service Announcement
The Forestry mod has been removed from recent Technic builds because its creator does not wish for it to be included in the pack. See this blog post for detailed reasons. It may return in future versions, and may be added manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.