Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, sounds great. I really need to learn more.
The syntax is different, but I would reccommend using it over JS. Also, here is a really cool command for coffeescript
Code:
coffee -o javascript/ -cw coffeescript/
Using my repo as an example. I would run this command in the src directory. Then it would watch all the files in the coffeescript directory with the .coffee extension. Whenever a file was made, changed, or deleted the javascript directory would update. very useful command IMO

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The memory management I can handle, the way you do some things there is just terrible.
Which things do you mean?

And running into Java's arms. Are you insane? Java is not that good of a language IMO. I mean look at @SatanicSanta's siggy :p
You can't write MC mods in Python can you? :p
I'm just saying that I like Java more than C++. Java definitely has its problems and limitations.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Just a lot of things in C++. In C++ it is harder to shoot yourself in the foot than in C, but when you do you blow your whole leg off
Well this is kinda inherent to low level languages.

Do you have any idea how boring it is to write structure spawning code without loops?
When you want to make a sphere you can loop over the cube containing the sphere and check if the coordinates are within the sphere (x² + y² + z² <= radius²)

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
When you want to make a sphere you can loop over the cube containing the sphere and check if the coordinates are within the sphere (x² + y² + z² <= radius²)
I know how to, but I find it cleaner to write the whole thing. The blocks are changing with the meteor type too, and the inner blocks are different from the outer blocks and stuff. It's just cleaner to not use loops.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to, but I find it cleaner to write the whole thing. The blocks are changing with the meteor type too, and the inner blocks are different from the outer blocks and stuff. It's just cleaner to not use loops.
Then have fun changing the size or shape of your meteor...
But well it's the same thing when writing tree generation code

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Then have fun changing the size or shape of your meteor...
But well it's the same thing when writing tree generation code
And then we have the ice meteor, drowning everything :p

I don't like trees. Or nature. Or anything not consisting of 50% metal... :3

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like certain stuff in Block.class should get a setter method... Why can't I make something a fire source without overriding? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.