Real Men Growth Their... Everything

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was a little bored today and decided to play around with Magical Crops and setup a decently efficient system.

SWZTy7f.jpg

So Basically, I have a 3x3 area of water surrounded by 3x3 platforms surrounded by sprinklers. The harvester has a tin upgrade and will collect all the plants and put the seeds into each of the 4 planters. Each planter has a white list for the specific seed for that specific area and the essence goes into a chest that pipes into the AE system.
uywkbxr.png

I also setup a bone meal farm for the sprinklers
LKmJiv7.png

Thank you for your time!
voW3yKL.png

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice, would be even better if you add lamp of growth setup and AM2 sigils ( only if those work with it )

Imagine the speed then!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
lamps of growth are the next best thing after the watering cans from Extra Utilities pre-nerf
they do require essentia as fuel, but they're wicked fast if you use several of them at once
but I once made a post where I showed a screenshot where I used pretty much almost all the ways of fertilizing crops in Monster, though I can't seem to find the post anymore...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That can be sped up even more by using Blood Magic's Ritual of the Green Grove. Fairly certain that stacks with the other effects.

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Need to start blood magic, is your guide for starting it or is it like a full ish walkthrough?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Need to start blood magic, is your guide for starting it or is it like a full ish walkthrough?
It's a walkthrough; albeit one that doesn't cover everything(yet) and likely isn't gonna cover everything fully all that soon since WayofTime added even more stuff.(and Padfoote hasn't even started on his Alchemy section, which is needed for the advanced Magic section. Gonna get on that soon, I hope, eh @Padfoote mate?)

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
It's a walkthrough; albeit one that doesn't cover everything(yet) and likely isn't gonna cover everything fully all that soon since WayofTime added even more stuff.(and Padfoote hasn't even started on his Alchemy section, which is needed for the advanced Magic section. Gonna get on that soon, I hope, eh @Padfoote mate?)

So its good enough to get me set on my path?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So its good enough to get me set on my path?

For sure. I spent the most time on the first three tiers. If you have any questions or anything, drop by my thread.

Gonna get on that soon, I hope, eh @Padfoote mate?)

When I write the pages for everything on the wiki, I'll write an advanced guide to cover spells and alchemy, which will be located on the wiki for reasons mentioned in my thread.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the video, it seems that the greatest hindrance to increased production is the harvester and planter speeds.

Try changing the set up so that it uses four unupgraded planters and harvesters instead of just one. They'll harvest and plant each individual plot faster.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
sD8jDaV.png

compact version

you could still add Rotary sprinklers,Ars Magica sigils and Minefactory Reloaded fertilizers, for even better fertilizing
sadly the watering can doesn't work anymore automatically, or you could've added that one aswell

but if you ever build a setup like this, it's better to build it as large as possible, otherwise you'll be wasting efficiency

Last edited:
Reactions: abculatter_2

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how fast you could grow crops with every growth increase mechanic in modded mc.....

well, bonemealing a crop will make the crop growth proceed to the next stage, so with just enough bonemeal you can already make a very fast crop growing system

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
well, bonemealing a crop will make the crop growth proceed to the next stage, so with just enough bonemeal you can already make a very fast crop growing system
magical crops don't work with bonemeal[DOUBLEPOST=1396104501][/DOUBLEPOST]
you could still add Rotary sprinklers,Ars Magica sigils and Minefactory Reloaded fertilizers, for even better fertilizing
sadly the watering can doesn't work anymore automatically, or you could've added that one aswell

but if you ever build a setup like this, it's better to build it as large as possible, otherwise you'll be wasting efficiency
you really can't get better than instant growth...

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the math on whether lillypads of fertility or sprinklers speed up growth more?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Infinite Wither Boss Resources Factory
4JEdAN7.png

vwgig8H.png

IeGFEMf.png

the little black box thing in the background is an automatic wither boss spawning and killing system i made

Reactions: CreepaCatcha