ReactorCraft Toroids

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
Why is this not working?
2015-09-18_18.36.25.png

It has got plasma, coolant, charge and a spinning solenoid.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't even respond to the first one, so I didn't really bother. However it should be adjusted correctly.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
You need to check that they are all adjusted correctly. It now checks that the full circle is complete, and if that fails they will not work.

Also, this check is only done on server start atm, so once you have everything working, you need to close the world and reload it.

In the dragonapi config, there is an option for TAB to show NBT data, turn that on.

Hold tab when looking at toroids. You need:
Next=1b
Solenoid=1b

If either of those is 0, it will not work.

Next is the completeness check, and solenoid is obviously checking the solenoid is there and working.

Charge and coolant is anything over 0. You need a lot of LN2 to keep up, and very little charge. ( 2dc engines can manage for the entire ring.)

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
ah, ok. It's a test world and I only wanted to test one quarter so the rest is kind of wrongly adjusted.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I have checked every toroid magnet, the solenoid and the Plasma Injectors, however it still doesn't work.
2015-09-19_15.13.10.png

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
could you place the reactor pattern (well i don't remember the name, the "shadow" reactor, to check if everything is where they need to be) ? please

Are the toroid "looking" at middle ? Please check if they all got the arrow leading to middle.

what is your solenoid speed / torque ?
how many van de graff and how are they powered ?

Look the solenoid and write here what WAILA see.

I had the same issue. It was my solenoid, 1 block above it should be.
check carefully everything

Last edited:

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I have checked every toroid magnet, the solenoid and the Plasma Injectors, however it still doesn't work.
View attachment 23404

Did you check the things I mentioned? Next and Solenoid?

Besides Next and Solenoid, the only things that have any affect are charge, coolant levels, and aim. You check the toroids for all 5 of these things, and once they are all good it will work.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
After rebuilding the entire ring, it finally started working. Seems like I forgot something (even though I double-checked everything). Now it says "Next: 1b" and the plasma is flowing nicely.
2015-09-19_19.01.37.png

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, except I still have no idea what was the problem. I actually just wanted to build the thing in creative to test the power requirements for the VDGs before I'm firing it up in my survival world.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, except I still have no idea what was the problem. I actually just wanted to build the thing in creative to test the power requirements for the VDGs before I'm firing it up in my survival world.

Bottom left, middle toroid is 1 click out of alignment. This then caused checkCompleteness to fail, so Next would have been 0b.