ReactorCraft Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, first question being is there any guides to it at all? I know just a tiny bit about it and thats it, and the fact that the fusion reactor thing is insane and expensive and thats my end goal eventually but just for a normal fission reactor how would I go about building this. Are there any guides to reactorcraft instead of just build videos on fusion reactors or? Any text-based documentation besides the handbook? I read through that a little and it didn't give me all the information I needed. Thank you for your time.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
How come there isn't many guides about this mod or much information about it? It doesn't seem insanely complicated but it could use some more guides or videos about it, however that would be really hard to do since it gets updated a lot and many things change. I enjoy the frequent updates but it could be hard to keep the guide up to date. I'll try messing around with it in creative mode to see if I can get anything to work.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
How come there isn't many guides about this mod or much information about it? It doesn't seem insanely complicated but it could use some more guides or videos about it, however that would be really hard to do since it gets updated a lot and many things change. I enjoy the frequent updates but it could be hard to keep the guide up to date. I'll try messing around with it in creative mode to see if I can get anything to work.
If you have any question, you can ask me,leldra, pyure or demosthenex. I know those two played with Reactorcraft.

demosthenex played a lot with fission reactor and have a thread here
leldra did a nice fusion reactor here
Pyure knows a lot about fusion too
I can help you with a simple pebblebed reactor that can do 1-2 turbines

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
If you have any question, you can ask me,leldra, pyure or demosthenex. I know those two played with Reactorcraft.

demosthenex played a lot with fission reactor and have a thread here
leldra did a nice fusion reactor here
Pyure knows a lot about fusion too
I can help you with a simple pebblebed reactor that can do 1-2 turbines
How do you know when a turbine is maxed out? is it possible to max out a turbine?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Ausyarr has done a video on the reactorcraft fission reactors on his youtube channel.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
How do you know when a turbine is maxed out? is it possible to max out a turbine?
build another one :)
a turbine max out at around 14k nM at 65k rad/s for around 900-950 MW
Edit: on version v24+ you can use the angular transcethingydoodler on steam line to see if it goes up

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I think there are 2 reasons for the lack of lots of info. Not sure how long Reika has been working on them, but I had never heard of RoC until Horizons? had it. I would guess it hasn't been around as long as many of the popular mods. It also probably has more of a niche market in the modded community. Not many other mods require me to use a calculator to set things up. It is probably a little too technical for some people. After playing around with it, I think it is worth the effort though. It has so many really cool features. It is the main mod that got me interested in playing again.