RC/ReC/ElC/CC Policy Change Suggestion - Your thoughts?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Bedrockium is made of
1 8x compressed cobble cooked
Or
2 4 quadruple compressed cobble
4 triple compressed cobble
And 1 diamond block

send from a thing

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
This is potentially viable, though I would likely make this drop less dust. What is bedrockium made of?
Ultra-compressed cobble, either a single octuple-compressed, or a mix of I think triple and quadruple-compressed and, in the case of the latter, a diamond block. The former needs to be smelted in order to make a bedrockium block. Even with the ultra-fast cobble generation you can get with XU, it takes a LONG time to get bedrockium.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ultra-compressed cobble, either a single octuple-compressed, or a mix of I think triple and quadruple-compressed and, in the case of the latter, a diamond block. The former needs to be smelted in order to make a bedrockium block. Even with the ultra-fast cobble generation you can get with XU, it takes a LONG time to get bedrockium.
The former recipe is very acceptable; the latter feels wrong, partly because of the diamond ingredient and partly because it is insufficiently compressed. Is the recipe in ExU configurable?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive me if I missed something here; but hasn't it always been possible to use roc/rec/ec by adding a [suitable] recipe for vanilla bedrock?
Is treu but requires minetweaker and some people (like me) prefer only to use if it is absolutely necessary and this would save some time to packsmakers to implement this into a skyblock map

send from a thing

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The former recipe is very acceptable; the latter feels wrong, partly because of the diamond ingredient and partly because it is insufficiently compressed. Is the recipe in ExU configurable?
I don't think so, but would putting 8x compressed cobble into a blast furnace for the same effect be acceptable? If so, you could do that (maybe making it configurable for people that might not like the idea) with the bonus of it providing a nice little bit of compatibility with XU.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't think so, but would putting 8x compressed cobble into a blast furnace for the same effect be acceptable? If so, you could do that (maybe making it configurable for people that might not like the idea) with the bonus of it providing a nice little bit of compatibility with XU.
You mean to make vanilla bedrock? I am fine with that, but it does not solve @Lethosos's original issue.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, I see...hm...

Outside maybe allowing the grinder to grind 8x compressed cobble into a handful (maybe 2-3) bedrock dust, I dunno how exactly to solve his problem without running the risk of obviating a significant part of RotaryCraft.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Aah, I see...hm...

Outside maybe allowing the grinder to grind 8x compressed cobble into a handful (maybe 2-3) bedrock dust, I dunno how exactly to solve his problem without running the risk of obviating a significant part of RotaryCraft.
The grinder idea would do exactly that as well.

Now...what if I gave the ability to make the "bedrock slice" (whose metadata-zero variant is a full block)?

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
The diamond recipe for bedrockium only makes one bedrockium ingot, so to make a block you would need 81 diamonds, and 262,440 cobblestone

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The grinder idea would do exactly that as well.

Now...what if I gave the ability to make the "bedrock slice" (whose metadata-zero variant is a full block)?
Would that be so you grind it away a bit at a time? i.e. it starts at metadata 0 with a full block and gets... "thinner" as you grind it?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Would that be so you grind it away a bit at a time? i.e. it starts at metadata 0 with a full block and gets... "thinner" as you grind it?
The bedrock slice already does that. I am just suggesting making the slice itself obtainable and placeable, and since its metadata zero is a full block, it would be visually indistinguishable from bedrock.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The bedrock slice already does that. I am just suggesting making the slice itself obtainable and placeable, and since its metadata zero is a full block, it would be visually indistinguishable from bedrock.
Ah! Sounds like a good plan!