Randomly can not place blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
So I am playing on an Unleashed modpack and a problem has occurred for no apparent reason I can not place anything in a few certain places, I have tried removing all surrounding blocks but no luck. Screenshot below any help appreciated.

EDIT: So I jumped in MCEDIT and there was quite a few dark purple blocks that just said "Future block in that chunk" I deleted them and they work now, We have a feeling it was forge multipart

Attachments

• 2013-11-18_09.38.53.png
    2013-11-18_09.38.53.png
    620.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried logging out and back in? I've seen this happen several times with phantom blocks.

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried logging out and back in? I've seen this happen several times with phantom blocks.

Yes many times, Something to note is there is a few blocks doing this all in one chunk. I tried destroying the chunk loader then logging out and in also, No luck. Also I can stand in that spot just not place a block

Last edited:

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I've never heard of this being the cause, but do you have any unusual light sources in the area, like wrath lamps, that create phantom light blocks?

Also is this singleplayer or SMP? (The answer won't give me any clues, other than spawn protection gone awry, but may help someone else help you...)

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
There was wrath lamps a decent distance away tried removing them, Then removing the chunk loader and relogging and no luck. It is a SP but over LAN, The problem originated within the other players base

EDIT: So I jumped in MCEDIT and there was quite a few dark purple blocks that just said "Future block in that chunk" I deleted them and they work now, We have a feeling it was forge multipart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent_007

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed I get this problem aswell with the new Arcane Lamps. it seems the lamps create some invisible blocks which can take up spaces for blocks from time to time

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem with Forge Multipart, I can place after I let some water flow on that block.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I do know with FMP if I'm in bat farm (perhaps also other forms) I am unable to play microblocks

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
We have this problem on the server I'm administrating, that everytime a chunk containing microparts is unloaded, the block disappears, and you can't place anything else in its spot. We've managed to fix it temporary by using worldedit to turn the blocks back to air, but its not a very good fix. If someone have a solution for this, I'd be very happy to hear it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk