Random Witch Spawn

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
I was just getting started with my new Mindcrack pack world (I'm a few minecraft days in) and was sitting in my preliminary little base at night when I opened the door and a witch sprayed me with a splash potion of poison. I'm in a gigantic savannah biome with a nice cave system underneath.

My initial suspicion is that this new Thaumcraft mod made this savannah a nasty area, and decided to spawn in a witch to pester me, but I haven't played with the mod yet, and don't know anything about it. Is that possible? If so, should I run away from the Savannah? Or is the witch from something else?

While I'm at it, I found one of those blue Thaumcraft trees nearby in an autumn forest. What should I do with that (I haven't yet cut it down)?

Thanks for the help!

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
For the TC3 trees, they have aura nodes in them, and the ones that spawn naturally tend to be of a decent size. As for what to do with the tree, destroy all the leaves and chop down the wood, you'll mostly want the saplings from them right now due to them making new aura nodes when they grow. This also has the benefit of letting you move nodes by growing trees.

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!

I was just coming back from exploring, and guess what I found in my backyard? One of those surface dungeons with whisps! I'm guessing that's causing the bad stuff.