Random Mob Textures Not Working

AnEpicSquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!,

I have been playing FTB with the Soartex texture pack on the Ultimate FTB mod. I have noticed in the actual texture pack, there are several mob textures (zombies, chickens, cows, etc), and only the first one (zombie.png, chicken.png), are visible on the mobs I encounter. I have been attempting to read up on why they are not randomly choosing skins such as their zombie2.png, and cannot seem to find any solutions. No one seems to be suggesting Optifine or MC Patcher for the FTB texture packs, so I'm quite confuse don how to get this working, as when I played on Tekkit, the mobs randomized without using Optifine or MS Patcher.

Thanks!

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
You have to use optifine to be able to use the randomized mob textures.

The reason that they were randomized on tekkit is because Optifine came pre-installed in that mod pack.

AnEpicSquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply!

I'm a bit perplexed on how to install Optifine into my FTB (Version 1.4.7), as my previous attempts seems to result in the game launching into a black screen and then ceasing to function. Would you be willing to explain to me which files I should drag out from Optifine (I'm guessing I should use 1.5.1), and where to? I've tried going into my FTB's Ultimate's minecraft.jar, and dropping all of the Optifine contents into it, replacing some and adding the rest of Optifine. Sorry if this seems rather silly, as I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what goes where and which version goes with what (Since I'm using 1.4.7).

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Thanks for the reply!

I'm a bit perplexed on how to install Optifine into my FTB (Version 1.4.7), as my previous attempts seems to result in the game launching into a black screen and then ceasing to function. Would you be willing to explain to me which files I should drag out from Optifine (I'm guessing I should use 1.5.1), and where to? I've tried going into my FTB's Ultimate's minecraft.jar, and dropping all of the Optifine contents into it, replacing some and adding the rest of Optifine. Sorry if this seems rather silly, as I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what goes where and which version goes with what (Since I'm using 1.4.7).

Edit the ultimate pack
click on the jarmods tab
click add mod button
browse for the file and click open

Now run the pack and you are good to go.

Reactions: AnEpicSquirrel

AnEpicSquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Edit the ultimate pack
click on the jarmods tab
click add mod button
browse for the file and click open

Now run the pack and you are good to go.

Thank you very much! I used the 1.4.6 zip file and it worked perfectly with my 1.4.7 version! I appreciate everyone's help!