Windows .exe RAM not being allocated to minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerTeranz

Jul 29, 2019
So when I try to play modded minecraft (Or ftb) I allocate serveral gigabytes of ram to the launcher. But when I launch minecraft and I begin to play the modpack it just comes up with this. The images should speak for themselves. I need help with allocating the ram. Some modpacks launch for me and when i try to create a world they go through the steos (generating world etc) and then they just jump to "Shutting down internal server" and minecraft just turns off. Also when i add additional java parameters it just crashes. If you want logs then just please reply to the post with what logs you want.

5Zjot.png
5ZjsA.png

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
thats an odd amount for your ram meter to stop at... what i am guessing is that either 1 of 2 things happened, or both i dont know,
1. Your Java is not 64-bit (86 bit dosen't count) and you need to uninstall it and get the 64 bit version
2. You computer only has 5.75 gigs of ram so java is like "OH HELLZ NAH" and doesn't listen to you to make sure there is some space left
Both those things have happened with my mac and what you would need to do is uninstall java, get a 64 bit version, and then lower it to four gigs and try again,
if this is still happening either i was wrong or your java path is screwed up or something

GamerTeranz

Jul 29, 2019
thats an odd amount for your ram meter to stop at... what i am guessing is that either 1 of 2 things happened, or both i dont know,
1. Your Java is not 64-bit (86 bit dosen't count) and you need to uninstall it and get the 64 bit version
2. You computer only has 5.75 gigs of ram so java is like "OH HELLZ NAH" and doesn't listen to you to make sure there is some space left
Both those things have happened with my mac and what you would need to do is uninstall java, get a 64 bit version, and then lower it to four gigs and try again,
if this is still happening either i was wrong or your java path is screwed up or something
I have 64 bit java but not I haven't uninstalled the 86 java. Also my caomputer has 6gb ram and the 0.25 is the ram that is the very minimum of how much my computer can use to run.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I have 64 bit java but not I haven't uninstalled the 86 java. Also my caomputer has 6gb ram and the 0.25 is the ram that is the very minimum of how much my computer can use to run.
Unistalling the 86 bit java is VERY IMPORTANT. try it out and see what happens

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Drop it down to say 4GB in the launcher and see if it makes a difference? if it doesnt drop it below 3GB (say 2GB) and try again.

GamerTeranz

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not the problem, it just doesnt work. No matter what amount of ram it just goes with the default 455

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
ok thats the answer I wanted. try NOT using the FTB launcher, copy the instance to another folder and point the vanilla launcher at it and set up your ram parameters there.

GamerTeranz

Jul 29, 2019
I tried allocating ram using parameters in the default launcher and it just comes up with the same amount of ram allocated 455

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
in that case theres something else defining the ram amount, do you have a startup/config file with this set anywhere. Try getting a vanilla minecraft instance and copying the mods and configs across. (unless you just did this).

Edit - oh also just check in task manager how much RAM you free have before starting MC or the Launcher.

GamerTeranz

Jul 29, 2019
in that case theres something else defining the ram amount, do you have a startup/config file with this set anywhere. Try getting a vanilla minecraft instance and copying the mods and configs across. (unless you just did this).

Edit - oh also just check in task manager how much RAM you free have before starting MC or the Launcher.
No I don't have a startup config anywhere as far as I know and I have more the 455 mb of ram free after starting minecraft

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a similar issue, where nothing SHOULD be wrong, but it just won't allocate the proper amount of RAM. I too have 64 bit Windows and 64 bit Java (trust me, I checked- ONLY 64 bit Java) and despite 4 gigs being allocated, of the 8 total gigs of RAM I have it comes up with an OutOfMemory Error.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I think I am going to have to reinstall windows... gonna be a pain in the ass...

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely sure of what i'm about to say, but i think Minecraft singleplayer means actually 2 Java processes, client and server. Mojang went away from single-process model ages ago, as far as i know... so that they don't have to develop both things separately and have unique bugs for singleplayer and multiplayer. What you are allocating in launcher only goes to the client, or perhaps for both of them. With 5.75Gb it would attempt to run them with total 11.5Gb, which you don't have. Also i have not yet witnessed Client or Server to consume over 1.7Gb of RAM, so i don't see reason to allocate that much, unless you have like 16GB of RAM on your computer and you play with 10 friends at the same time.

Also, thinking that 250Mb of RAM for all the rest of your processes is enough, is a huge understatement. Just Steam or Chrome alone can use more than that.

Reactions: Ashzification

GamerTeranz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely sure of what i'm about to say, but i think Minecraft singleplayer means actually 2 Java processes, client and server. Mojang went away from single-process model ages ago, as far as i know... so that they don't have to develop both things separately and have unique bugs for singleplayer and multiplayer. What you are allocating in launcher only goes to the client, or perhaps for both of them. With 5.75Gb it would attempt to run them with total 11.5Gb, which you don't have. Also i have not yet witnessed Client or Server to consume over 1.7Gb of RAM, so i don't see reason to allocate that much, unless you have like 16GB of RAM on your computer and you play with 10 friends at the same time.

Also, thinking that 250Mb of RAM for all the rest of your processes is enough, is a huge understatement. Just Steam or Chrome alone can use more than that.
You must have understood me wrong. I know that minecraft single player is run on a server but its really not about that. It doesnt matter how much ram I select in the launcher it won't allocate it.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You must have understood me wrong. I know that minecraft single player is run on a server but its really not about that. It doesnt matter how much ram I select in the launcher it won't allocate it.
Sure, but point i made with your last attempt was most likely causing more potential problems, than fixing them. You should be trying to set the slider to 2GB, be it working or not, it's what should work best. A little more than that and you can get into problems, as my post describes. By problems, it could mean something like Java itself ignoring your command to add it more memory than it can handle?

But more importantly, you should post link to the pastebin of the console log, as Ashzi said.

Reactions: Ashzification

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Unless your game has corrupted your operating system, you will never have to reinstall the OS to get a game to work.
Now, I need both of you to post your console logs to pastebin and link them
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/your-logs-and-you-what-you-need-to-know.36509/
^info on logs.

I posted them earlier and Eyamaz and I couldn't figure it out.
Here is the most recent crash:
CrashLog http://pastebin.com/LS3TzYDh
ConsoleLog http://pastebin.com/2fuZFMFD

Most Crashes:
Console http://pastebin.com/jc4QCcAy
MC Log http://pastebin.com/hHmfwfLL

I will attempt to find the log from a couple of days ago and post if found.
Oh, and sorry I didn't make a PasteBin acct. I just made one and will re-post logs if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.