1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Railcraft Tanks not working?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Brian Cherrick, May 21, 2015.

1. Brian Cherrick

Brian Cherrick Well-Known Member

Pack : Direwolf20
    Pack Version : 1.3.1
    Mod Version : 1.7.10-9.6.10

I've made a 5x5x5 tank with no problem in my world. I am trying to make a 7x7x7, which is allowable, and the tank doesn't assemble afterwards. I've got 2 valves set up, as was as some gauge on the front, and still nothing. My 5x5x5 is made with tank walls on all sides, minus the gauge on the front.

Diameter according to the tool tip can be 3, 5, 7, or 9, and the height can be 4, 5, 6 , 7, or 8. So this tank should work, but for some reason doesn't.

Any clues?

2. ScottulusMaximus

ScottulusMaximus New Member

3. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

You sure there is no blocks placed inside it by accident?
    You sure you placed in all the blocks on all sides?
    Any chance you have any kind of invisible blocks interfering with its forming?

4. Brian Cherrick

2015-05-21_03.19.58.png

As you can see, it's 7x7x7 in the ground. Blast furnace on the left, but nothing adjacent to it on either side, top, or bottom. The 5x5x5 tank I have going, is 3 blocks above this tank.

1. No blocks that I can see.
    2. Top, Bottom, and 3 sides are Iron Wall, front is gauge (pic above)
    3. No invisible blocks that I can see.

5. Renton Terrace

Renton Terrace New Member

well of course, if you could see them they wouldn't be invisible

Ieldra and rhn like this.
  6. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

Is that Iron Tank blocks that touch the tank to the right? Might be causing it to think there are unfinished parts of the structure.

7. malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke Over-Achiever

Also check there's no entities inside the tank. A single block you've broken that's fallen inside can stop it from forming properly

8. Brian Cherrick

Negative. Just smoothstone (part of the terrain). But I did move the adjacent tank (which wasn't touching) back one block, and that seemed to do it. I guess it was being a bit derpy being so close, even though it wasn't touching?

9. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

On the picture it looks like the corners were meeting up. That is probably enough to interfere with the multiblock formation.

Zelfana likes this.
  10. Zelfana

Zelfana New Member

Indeed, I think before it was doing that even for different RailCraft multiblocks being adjacent.

11. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

I only rarely build tanks into things like that, because I almost always miss one of the blocks I can't see, outer edges on the back side being a persistent one. Glad you solved it.