Railcraft Tanks not working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Pack : Direwolf20
Pack Version : 1.3.1
Mod Version : 1.7.10-9.6.10

I've made a 5x5x5 tank with no problem in my world. I am trying to make a 7x7x7, which is allowable, and the tank doesn't assemble afterwards. I've got 2 valves set up, as was as some gauge on the front, and still nothing. My 5x5x5 is made with tank walls on all sides, minus the gauge on the front.

Diameter according to the tool tip can be 3, 5, 7, or 9, and the height can be 4, 5, 6 , 7, or 8. So this tank should work, but for some reason doesn't.

Any clues?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You sure there is no blocks placed inside it by accident?
You sure you placed in all the blocks on all sides?
Any chance you have any kind of invisible blocks interfering with its forming?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013

2015-05-21_03.19.58.png

As you can see, it's 7x7x7 in the ground. Blast furnace on the left, but nothing adjacent to it on either side, top, or bottom. The 5x5x5 tank I have going, is 3 blocks above this tank.

You sure there is no blocks placed inside it by accident?
You sure you placed in all the blocks on all sides?
Any chance you have any kind of invisible blocks interfering with its forming?

1. No blocks that I can see.
2. Top, Bottom, and 3 sides are Iron Wall, front is gauge (pic above)
3. No invisible blocks that I can see.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
View attachment 19510

As you can see, it's 7x7x7 in the ground. Blast furnace on the left, but nothing adjacent to it on either side, top, or bottom. The 5x5x5 tank I have going, is 3 blocks above this tank.

1. No blocks that I can see.
2. Top, Bottom, and 3 sides are Iron Wall, front is gauge (pic above)
3. No invisible blocks that I can see.
Is that Iron Tank blocks that touch the tank to the right? Might be causing it to think there are unfinished parts of the structure.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Also check there's no entities inside the tank. A single block you've broken that's fallen inside can stop it from forming properly

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Is that Iron Tank blocks that touch the tank to the right? Might be causing it to think there are unfinished parts of the structure.

Negative. Just smoothstone (part of the terrain). But I did move the adjacent tank (which wasn't touching) back one block, and that seemed to do it. I guess it was being a bit derpy being so close, even though it wasn't touching?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Negative. Just smoothstone (part of the terrain). But I did move the adjacent tank (which wasn't touching) back one block, and that seemed to do it. I guess it was being a bit derpy being so close, even though it wasn't touching?
On the picture it looks like the corners were meeting up. That is probably enough to interfere with the multiblock formation.

Reactions: Zelfana

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
On the picture it looks like the corners were meeting up. That is probably enough to interfere with the multiblock formation.
Indeed, I think before it was doing that even for different RailCraft multiblocks being adjacent.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I only rarely build tanks into things like that, because I almost always miss one of the blocks I can't see, outer edges on the back side being a persistent one. Glad you solved it.