Railcraft locomotive question

Chucky5150

Jul 29, 2019
I've done some searching and couldn't seem to come up with the answer. Thought I'd give a try here.

My locomotive seems to like to do 180s on the track and go what ever way it wants to. Is there an easy way to make the locomotive go in the direction I want it to. Having it push the carts around just looks silly.

Thank you.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've done some searching and couldn't seem to come up with the answer. Thought I'd give a try here.

My locomotive seems to like to do 180s on the track and go what ever way it wants to. Is there an easy way to make the locomotive go in the direction I want it to. Having it push the carts around just looks silly.

Thank you.
Ehm you want it to change position when you go the other way, so the loco is always in front? because that requires you to dissemble and move the loco/carts. That can be automated though if you really want it with the Train dispenser.

Chucky5150

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm you want it to change position when you go the other way, so the loco is always in front? because that requires you to dissemble and move the loco/carts. That can be automated though if you really want it with the Train dispenser.

The loco just seems to bug out sometimes and turn itself around on it's own. It'll go from pulling the carts to going over a lockdown track (or maybe just 'cause it's been hard to lock down a reason) to flipping around and start pushing the carts.

Ok, Right clicking with the omni-wrench creates links and using the crowbar flips it around.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The loco just seems to bug out sometimes and turn itself around on it's own. It'll go from pulling the carts to going over a lockdown track (or maybe just 'cause it's been hard to lock down a reason) to flipping around and start pushing the carts.

Ok, Right clicking with the omni-wrench creates links and using the crowbar flips it around.
Shift+rightclick with crowbar also links carts btw.
And I am no wiz with railcraft, but you could try using the Locomotive track to turn off the loco before using the Lockdown track:
http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Locomotive Track (Track)
And when you release the loco again, have another Locomotive track turn on the power again.

NVM, just read that the lockdown track automatically sets the loco to idle, so it shouldent be needed to use Locomotive tracks.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I thought shift right clicking with the crowbar or omniwrench made links, and normal right clicking changes direction.

Anyway, there is also a one way track which may help. Also, if this is happening when you lock the loco down, try using a train boarding track (although according to the tooltip in 1.6 at least this doesn't work with loaders).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the one way tracks are a perfect choice for situations like these, but do remember, they are "one way" tracks so you can't use that same trackline for tracks going in the opposite direction