Railcraft Calc...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the calc provided here;
http://calculator.towerofawesome.org

Is it accurate enough to use as a base for figuring out Boilers and such?

Also in terms of using it I'm a bit confused as to how to spell it out for the calc when using liquids. I seem to have a handle on solid fuel (first number is the number of stacks and the second one can be set to 64 for a max stack size). I presume with liquids I can just put the amount of buckets in as the second number and presto, am I right?

edit;
I also ask if its a viable calc because... Well same amount of items, 1728 as that was the count of my current steel tank, and it says an Ethanol powered Boiler will last 15 hours with that amount but a Charcoal powered Boiler will last 1 hour and 30 minutes.... Both of these being done with 18HP boiler, not 36HP yet.

Last edited:

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
That is accurate for boilers in 1.5.2. It is not accurate for boilers in 1.6.4. Someone who's actually futzed with boilers in 1.6.4 should tell you how they changed.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
That is accurate for boilers in 1.5.2. It is not accurate for boilers in 1.6.4. Someone who's actually futzed with boilers in 1.6.4 should tell you how they changed.
AFAIK it is actually up-to-date with the latest railcraft boiler changes!