Rage Quit - Portalgun&Moon

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys.
Was just playing FTB when I remembered that something would happen if you shot the moon with your
portal gun. And I tested it, While standing in my base. BAM
"INSERTNAMEHERE was sucked to the moon.
Respawned in my base and, All my machines, My chests&Barrels, My A.E.S.U.
Everything is gone! My house completly destroyed.
I rage quited and I can tell you for sure, That was the last time I played on that world

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It's deliberate, if admittedly a bit powerful and mean. The principle being that you opened a portal so somewhere where there's no atmosphere. Stuff got sucked through. It's not really much different than if you were to test out your nice new nuclear reactor by putting it in the power room under your storage room and filling it to the brim with uranium cells.

There are a large number of things in minecraft that can cause a ragequit (can anyone say unexpected lava?). Best way is to just laugh and move on.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you had played the game where the portal gun came from, specifically the second one, you would have known.

That said, it is way too powerful for SMP, and could be viewed as griefing, as it's basically destroying the land, plus destroying the player and its inventory. I am amazed that there is no option in the config to disable it.

But loosing your whole base to something you didn't know is painful. Maybe you should learn that testing is done either in an abandoned place, or in a dedicated world with cheating enabled.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
PortalGun changelog for 1.4.7v3:
Code:
Added option to allow only command executers to place portals on the moon.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Or you play on a server where people have the maturity to not destroy the stuff others build.

Also: it takes time to really make a large hole. If that happens it was done deliberately.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Or you play on a server where people have the maturity to not destroy the stuff others build.

Also: it takes time to really make a large hole. If that happens it was done deliberately.

Reading comprehension is good mmkay, he did it to himself.