Rage quit life...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
/gamerule <rule name> <value> or /gamerule <rule name> Allows the player to adjust several base settings. Rule Names: doFireTick, doMobLoot, doMobSpawning, doTileDrops, keepInventory, mobGriefing.
  • All values true/false, respectively
doFireTick = toggles fire spread on/off

doMobLoot = toggles drop items on/off (xp still drops)
doMobSpawning = toggles on/off mob spawning
doTileDrops = toggles farmed items (wheat, melon slices, etc.) drops on/off
(still drop seeds even if off)
keepInventory = toggles keeping your inventory when you die on/off
mobGriefing = toggles Creeper block damage, Wither explosions and Enderman block pickup on/off
commandBlockOutput = toggles showing command block output in chat

But I suggest avoid using it as it does cheapen the cost of dieing. But to each there own I can't tell you how to play or how you have fun. Just here to help.
Wow, vanilla stuff. I had no idea, it's been so long, lol. Thanks for the info!

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, vanilla stuff. I had no idea, it's been so long, lol. Thanks for the info!

What's vanilla? There was a guy a while back asking 'How do I breed chickens now? Wheat didn't work, does a mod in FTB change this?'. I don't blame him at all, we're a bunch of vanillaphobes round here. Blame Direwolf. :p

Anyway cheers for the info Saice, I'll be making use of that trick.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Fire bats are a pain though, more than the whither.
They are tiny, they fly, they throw you around and put you on fire.
In my opinion, they are even worse than gasts or blazes, because they are fast and hard to aim at.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The amount of time I took a wild swing at one of those firebats, and slapped a piggy instead.

Generally in SSP, if I die due to a bug (lag/invisible blocks) Then I cheat the items back in and carry on.
Otherwise I drink my manup and start over.​

Too be honest, I always make a jetpack for hanging out in the nether. That thing saved my life more than the quantum stuff.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
What's vanilla? There was a guy a while back asking 'How do I breed chickens now? Wheat didn't work, does a mod in FTB change this?'. I don't blame him at all, we're a bunch of vanillaphobes round here. Blame Direwolf. :p

Anyway cheers for the info Saice, I'll be making use of that trick.

Reminds me of all the "waaa we have no Redpower, how does one RS latch?" *puts down 2 torches and a line of redstone* "OMG teach me master!!"

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same thing last night, though not Quantum Armor. Had a forrestry backbacks full of goodies from mining as well and lost the lot lol :D

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of all the "waaa we have no Redpower, how does one RS latch?" *puts down 2 torches and a line of redstone* "OMG teach me master!!"

LOL you have no idea. I used to be hardcore Vanilla is the real way to play. Did not touch mods even Optifine until the Mindcrackers got into it. I figured Hell if Etho mister "I avoid mods because they might ruin my enjoyment of vanilla" can give it a try I might as well take a peek. Needless to say I am hooked. Enjoyed FTB beta A and now Rocking FTB Mindcrack pretty much when I have free time to feed it.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the help, is their a config for this? or just use cheats in game?

In addition to typing it out, you can use a program like nbt explorer to set it permanently.

Edit: typo fixes (gawd I can't type this morning lol)

Edit2: I go back to my vanilla world now after playing modded mc for 2 months and I'm like 'uhhhhh what is there to do?'. So I just imported it as a mystcraft age and now I can go visit whenever I feel homesick :) My son wants me to import one of my really, really old worlds so I have to go see if I can find the backups of it.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Happen to me yesterday.... and not in the nether.. just a stupid lava river in my hollow mine.

I hadn't lost a single item since i started the server. I lost 5 bags full of stuff.. pipes, filters, retrivers, 5 mining turtles and all the necessary equipment. Quantum armor, and 4 advanced lapbacks.... that was painfull.

But i suck it up... went back to base... made myself some armor.. new bags new drill... and when i thought the rest i lost.... i remember ONE GODDAMN Diamond sword with Vorpal II, disjunction III, Looting II, Sharpness IV. i will never retrieve that :p ! I will make a better one! :D

When you die... its part of the game... suck it up.. go play again.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
:D thanks guys, but i'm playing on a server and i don't cheat. this was mostly a rage topic anyway. lol
and what happened was a few Wither skele's came out of nowhere, and then a fire bat launched me off the fortress into the lava 60 blocks below
Those fire bats are brutal, seems impossible to kill them without getting damaged.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
When you die... its part of the game... suck it up.. go play again.

Thats my view on things. Why am I stockpiling books and mats if I never use them? I feel something is wrong if I start to build up to much of a surplus on anything that is "rare".