Rage quit life...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jarkins

Jul 29, 2019
Died lost everything i have quantum armor, advanced lappack, advanced tools, everthing in all my bags...
Stupid nether somehow nocked my in the lava with low hearts, and that happened. uhhh, need hope!

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why you set the gamerule to not drop items on death. Died numerous times near lava. Havent lost a thing. Love that feature. You could always spawn the stuff you lost with NEI. Its not like you havent made those things before.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Shurg. I've lost so much to lava that I just write it off. In the end all you really lose is time everything can be remade. Does not mater if it was a wood pickax or full quantium gear you can re craft it. And hey what else is there to minecraft other then a huge fun time sink? I think the only thing that really got me to rage quit for any length of time was losing an ender bag when at the time it had taken me days to find the two pearls to make a chest and bag. But you buck up and go find your mats and will be back where you were in no time.

Always remember Minecraft is not about end game its about all the fun and failures on the road there. Also building huge golden dongs on servers cant forget those.

TheHoblit

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why you set the gamerule to not drop items on death. Died numerous times near lava. Havent lost a thing. Love that feature. You could always spawn the stuff you lost with NEI. Its not like you havent made those things before.
How do you set it so you don't lose items on death?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
/gamerule <rule name> <value> or /gamerule <rule name> Allows the player to adjust several base settings. Rule Names: doFireTick, doMobLoot, doMobSpawning, doTileDrops, keepInventory, mobGriefing.
  • All values true/false, respectively
doFireTick = toggles fire spread on/off
doMobLoot = toggles drop items on/off (xp still drops)
doMobSpawning = toggles on/off mob spawning
doTileDrops = toggles farmed items (wheat, melon slices, etc.) drops on/off
(still drop seeds even if off)
keepInventory = toggles keeping your inventory when you die on/off
mobGriefing = toggles Creeper block damage, Wither explosions and Enderman block pickup on/off
commandBlockOutput = toggles showing command block output in chat

But I suggest avoid using it as it does cheapen the cost of dieing. But to each there own I can't tell you how to play or how you have fun. Just here to help.

Reactions: LeC and Bagman817

TheHoblit

Jul 29, 2019
/gamerule <rule name> <value> or /gamerule <rule name> Allows the player to adjust several base settings. Rule Names: doFireTick, doMobLoot, doMobSpawning, doTileDrops, keepInventory, mobGriefing.
  • All values true/false, respectively
doFireTick = toggles fire spread on/off

doMobLoot = toggles drop items on/off (xp still drops)
doMobSpawning = toggles on/off mob spawning
doTileDrops = toggles farmed items (wheat, melon slices, etc.) drops on/off
(still drop seeds even if off)
keepInventory = toggles keeping your inventory when you die on/off
mobGriefing = toggles Creeper block damage, Wither explosions and Enderman block pickup on/off
commandBlockOutput = toggles showing command block output in chat

But I suggest avoid using it as it does cheapen the cost of dieing. But to each there own I can't tell you how to play or how you have fun. Just here to help.
Thank you for the help, is their a config for this? or just use cheats in game?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the help, is their a config for this? or just use cheats in game?

Bring up chat (T) and just type it out. /gamerule KeepInventory note you will need to be an op if your on a server and you will need cheats options turned off on if your single player or it will not work.

Edit : I derpped hard there but its fixed now.

TheHoblit

Jul 29, 2019
Bring up chat (T) and just type it out. /gamerule KeepInventory note you will need to be an op if your on a server and you will need cheats options turned off on if your single player or it will not work.

Edit : I derpped hard there but its fixed now.
Just tried this in Mindcrack Pack and it says "gamerule Keepinventory is not available."\

EDIT = I found the right command but it woll only tell me that it is false and won't change

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry let me check. I don't normally use the command and pulled it from the wiki.

it needs a True False statement at the end. One sec garbing a screen cap for you

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, dying and loosing valuable stuff is part of Minecraft.

Seriously, why going into the nether with low life when you have all that expensive stuff on you?

Reactions: ShneekeyTheLost

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, dying and loosing valuable stuff is part of Minecraft.

Seriously, why going into the nether with low life when you have all that expensive stuff on you?

I agree but it is his game and what is fun for him might not be what is fun for us. We should just you know try and help others have fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1357781822][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hahaha in a rush I see?

Yeah sorry just trying to help the guy.

Reactions: whythisname

Jarkins

Jul 29, 2019
:D thanks guys, but i'm playing on a server and i don't cheat. this was mostly a rage topic anyway. lol
and what happened was a few Wither skele's came out of nowhere, and then a fire bat launched me off the fortress into the lava 60 blocks below

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Try potions of fire resistance next time. They're made with completely renewable resources and can even be completely automatically crafted in FTB. Drinking an 8 minute one every time you go to the nether is a good precaution.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I remember playing on a public tekkit server, I'd finally gotten my first bits of quantum... help, legs and boots... didn't know that I needed to have the chest too to survive lava... Promptly jumped into a volcano and died, lost it all. Life can be a bee...