Quests for DW20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know for quests that would work with latest dirwolf20 1.12 pack. I would prefer quests that use better questing mod or HQM.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
No, DW20's packs are kitchen sink packs with a few of the newest mods tossed in for flavor. The "direction" for the pack is to build all the things with all they mod toys.
For the most part they are designed for new players to play and follow along with Dire on his youtube LP series and learn how to modded minecraft.

More experienced players either skip these kinds of packs or play them between the Age Or Engineering and Project Ozone type hard and hardcore packs as a "chill" pack.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
I know what kind of pack this is, i play FTB packs since day one. But still i prefer kitchen sink packs with quests that's why i ask if someone know for quest that i can use in this pack.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I know what kind of pack this is, i play FTB packs since day one. But still i prefer kitchen sink packs with quests that's why i ask if someone know for quest that i can use in this pack.
I'm not sure you're aware of this, but quests are not something that are shipped already made with a questing mod - the modpack maker has to create the quests themselves, including requirements and rewards and so on. You don't "add quests", you add a questing mod like HQM or Better Questing, and create the quests yourself, if you want to do that.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
It is actually possible to copy quests from one pack to another, if you have the same questing mod in both, and have the mods required for the quests. No quest-making required there. However, there are very few people who would make a questline for a pack like DW20 in the first place, so that is where the problem is with this one.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It is actually possible to copy quests from one pack to another, if you have the same questing mod in both, and have the mods required for the quests. No quest-making required there. However, there are very few people who would make a questline for a pack like DW20 in the first place, so that is where the problem is with this one.
Very true, but again that had to be made by somebody first, and it wasn't native to the quest mod itself.

I don't there's necessarily anything wrong with implementing some sort of guidance quests to give you ideas about where you can progress in each of the mods, a bit like The Simple Life 2 does. Its all about setting your own goalposts! :)

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
I think i tried The Simple life once it was great but if i remember there was some strange stuff that you need to work with wood. I hate when pack creators change recipes to much and world spawn (everything desert or similar, i also hate skyblocks). That is why i would like to find pack that have same mods and i can use them with DW20 pack or some other 1.12 kitchensink pack.
I actually like quest because they give me goals what to do next when i don't have my own ideas.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I always treat my problems as quests. I make a BiblioCraft Clipboard (even a written book will suffice in a pinch). I write down all my ambitions, then detail the infrastructure needed to accomplish the task. Any task I don't like to do manually, I add automation of that task to the list. As i progress, I add new challenges to the list while checking off tasks that have been finished. It doesn't take long to have a substantial to-do list, and it feels good to look back at the progression I'm making.

The projects on the list can range from simple but necessary (build a hut to sleep in and store my crap) to the grandiose (build a spaceship and explore the galaxy), or anywhere in between. Don't be afraid to add small steps to the list (make a cobble gen, automate lumber, automate food), as they are needed steps for ultimate progression, and checking off small things can often drive you forward when large projects get you down.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I always treat my problems as quests. I make a BiblioCraft Clipboard (even a written book will suffice in a pinch). I write down all my ambitions, then detail the infrastructure needed to accomplish the task. Any task I don't like to do manually, I add automation of that task to the list. As i progress, I add new challenges to the list while checking off tasks that have been finished. It doesn't take long to have a substantial to-do list, and it feels good to look back at the progression I'm making.

The projects on the list can range from simple but necessary (build a hut to sleep in and store my crap) to the grandiose (build a spaceship and explore the galaxy), or anywhere in between. Don't be afraid to add small steps to the list (make a cobble gen, automate lumber, automate food), as they are needed steps for ultimate progression, and checking off small things can often drive you forward when large projects get you down.
I actually do something similar but with an actual real life notebook! :p Its done wonders for my productivity while I'm playing.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I use a note pad file on my second monitor the same way. I don't get to play as often as I'd like so it has me not lose track between sessions.
I also have a directory of images I've take/kept of good working models of stuff incase I don't want to engineer a solution for something I've done before.