Questions on updating server from Unleashed 1.1.2 to 1.1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nathan2055

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm thinking about updating my small FTB server from 1.1.2 to 1.1.5. I have a few questions:
  1. Do Iron Tanks on servers still make all the clients that connect to it die a fiery death? I believe it was a config file that made it do that, and I want to know if that was fixed.
  2. I read somewhere that Biomes 'o Plenty is now on by default. Is this true?
  3. Any other issues with updating I should know about?
Thanks in advance!

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait, never mind; I was wrongfully appending the DW20 pack's 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and up issues to Unleashed. There shouldn't be Item ID issues with Unleashed.

I haven't had issues with Iron Tanks in Unleashed 1.1.4 server or client, so presumably no problems in 1.1.5, (except that breaking a colored Iron Tank block reverted the one block to default color).

As to Biomes O Plenty, your world-type matters; if it's not set to BIOMESOP in the server.properties, only the Mystcraft dimensions (should) have the new biomes.

Not sure whether it's default or not. I can't tell whether you're saying you want BOP or not, but it's easy enough to enable or disable by changing the file name (adding or removing .disabled after the .jar or .zip) in the server's mods folder.

When updating a world with lots of time spent on it, always make a copy of the world to test-run before committing and possibly causing problems. If you want to be extra safe when selecting a pack that isn't the "Recomended" pack, it also helps to have a large share of your players log onto the test world, and maybe do a bit of exploring new territory, in case of issues that new world-gen or loading specific machines/structures/entities/dimensions could cause.

I've had players spend hours and hours longer than me; I'd hate for them to lose everything.

Edit: I realized that's a bit paranoid sounding; I wouldn't expect problems, I just hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Nathan2055

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait, never mind; I was wrongfully appending the DW20 pack's 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and up issues to Unleashed. There shouldn't be Item ID issues with Unleashed.

I haven't had issues with Iron Tanks in Unleashed 1.1.4 server or client, so presumably no problems in 1.1.5, (except that breaking a colored Iron Tank block reverted the one block to default color).

As to Biomes O Plenty, your world-type matters; if it's not set to BIOMESOP in the server.properties, only the Mystcraft dimensions (should) have the new biomes.

Not sure whether it's default or not. I can't tell whether you're saying you want BOP or not, but it's easy enough to enable or disable by changing the file name (adding or removing .disabled after the .jar or .zip) in the server's mods folder.

When updating a world with lots of time spent on it, always make a copy of the world to test-run before committing and possibly causing problems. If you want to be extra safe when selecting a pack that isn't the "Recomended" pack, it also helps to have a large share of your players log onto the test world, and maybe do a bit of exploring new territory, in case of issues that new world-gen or loading specific machines/structures/entities/dimensions could cause.

I've had players spend hours and hours longer than me; I'd hate for them to lose everything.

Edit: I realized that's a bit paranoid sounding; I wouldn't expect problems, I just hope for the best and plan for the worst.
Great! The only reason I brought up BOP was because I didn't want terrain generation glitches. We haven't gotten into Mystcraft yet, so no issues there. We'll definitely make a backup and try out the update! Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Physicist

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you have anybody using mass fabs be aware they're flaky in 1.1.3, really flaky in 1.1.4, and presumably just as flaky in 1.1.5 since it appears to have same version as 1.1.4. In 1.1.3 it spams server console log if you're using scrap in it. In 1.1.4 it appears to produce uu-matter at a very high speed with or without scrap and simply stops working on a regular basis.

Reactions: Bigpak

Nathan2055

Jul 29, 2019
If you have anybody using mass fabs be aware they're flaky in 1.1.3, really flaky in 1.1.4, and presumably just as flaky in 1.1.5 since it appears to have same version as 1.1.4. In 1.1.3 it spams server console log if you're using scrap in it. In 1.1.4 it appears to produce uu-matter at a very high speed with or without scrap and simply stops working on a regular basis.
Great, I'm using a Mass Fab. (And I thought it was bad constantly having the matter generation noise in the background whether it was on or not...)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Great, I'm using a Mass Fab. (And I thought it was bad constantly having the matter generation noise in the background whether it was on or not...)

You can turn off the sounds in the ic2 config file. Sounds cause a lot of client lag for some reason so I tend to turn them off for ic2, railcraft, etc.