Questions for Mindcrack

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

will it eventually give even a BugFix or even an update to Mind Crack?

That is my first question, if I got more I´ll post them here.

Sorry for my bad English, I can not, unfortunately, and must use the Google traslator.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I mean, the original Mind crack for 1.4.7. - Why will that not updated? And why should there then allegedly come out a new - but then a completely different name?

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I mean, the original Mind crack for 1.4.7. - Why will that not updated? And why should there then allegedly come out a new - but then a completely different name?

Short answer, no 1.4.7 gets no update. Latest mindcrack for 1.6.4 is a complete reimagining so dont expect it to be anything like mindcrack 1.4.7.

1.4.7 - factories and automation
1.6.4 - pvp

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks, but it´s okay - then I must try to fix all the bugs at the original Pack at myself. Or must try to make my own ModPack.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
That sucks, but it´s okay - then I must try to fix all the bugs at the original Pack at myself. Or must try to make my own ModPack.
Some of the mods in the original pack don't even exist any more for newer versions of Minecraft, and those that do, yhe developers aren't interested in maintaining the older versions any more, they are working on the 1.7 version. One thing you have to get used to with midded minecraft is thst mods come and go, and you have a choice: stick with an old buggy mod pack, or throw it all away and start afresh with a new pack on a new version of Minecraft.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have to use the old FTB ModPack's because I do not like all the new packs. Well you can stop unfortunately do nothing if the Dev's have no more interest in the old pack. While still do not understand why, because these old packages could describe the current MC versions, but oh well, if they just do not want to do it ...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
While still do not understand why, because these old packages could describe the current MC versions,
That makes no sense at all.

Basically, the world has moved on. Many of those mods that have updated to newer versions of MineCraft have changed so much that you would have to throw away all your stuff from that mod and start again, e.g. ThaumCraft, IC2, Thermal Expansion are all very, very different to the 1.4.7 versions of those mods. The way fluids work has been completely re-written, so all your tanks would suddenly be empty.

Expecting the volunteers who make mods as a personal hobby to maintain four different versions of their mod for four different versions of MineCraft (1.4.7, 1.5.2, 1.6.4, 1.7.x) is not reasonable.