[Question] Will the MineCrack pack include Mystcraft?

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Will the MineCrack pack include Mystcraft?

More info:
My server has been holding off on updating until we (the denizens of The Wolfling's Den, a relatively small private server) can decide which modpack to choose. Currently we are running the FTB beta pack as a semi-sandbox, as we have decided that when we update we are going to wipe the world and start fresh. When we update, we wish a modpack that is just the tech mods + Mystcraft, without GregTedium mode. When it was originally thought that the original FTB beta pack was going to be (faithfully) updated, we were planning to just use that. However, now there are a bunch of current and upcoming options, none of which are what we want.

The server switched to FTB specifically for ease of installation and not having to worry about tech support. We can live with, although are not happy with, packaging the changed configs in a separate zip file to drop over the installation. However, seeing as none of the modpacks currently have the mods we want, that is irrelevant unless we know if the MindCrack pack (which is the closest to what we want, with the exception of configs and Mystcraft) is going to include Mystcraft. I have heard that it is, but then again I also heard that the beta pack was going to get updated, and I since found out that was false. As such, a semi-official answer would be ideal.

Additionally (and unfortunately), the upcoming modpack support in the FTB launcher is not suitable for us for three reasons. First off, setting up a modpack means that we (well, I) start having to do tech support again, which takes a lot of time that I could be playing MC. Secondly, we wish to restart the server ASAP, and then not have to wipe it for as long as possible. As such, we don't want to wait for the modpack support to be implemented, along with mod permissions, which brings me to the third problem. As those modpacks require that the modpack maker get the permissions for all mods included in the modpack (not just the added ones), at that point we may as well just go to a home-grown modpack instead.

RAV3N

Jul 29, 2019
Well the only one that can answer that is either the FTB team or Guude.

I know the current Mystcraft is a little buggy so they maybe waiting for a stable version but as I said, the only ones that truly know are the ones above ;)

7immyJ

Jul 29, 2019
:( I also would really like it to be in there. I tried adding it myself and it starts up, but the second I use a linking book it gives me the "shutting down internal server" and crashes. I've never gone into the crash reports before but I'm sure I can figure it out if anyone wants to help, but I'm guessing it's not in the pack right now for good reason. Hopefully soon, plenty to mess around with until then! :) Thank you FTB team!

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
:( I also would really like it to be in there. I tried adding it myself and it starts up, but the second I use a linking book it gives me the "shutting down internal server" and crashes. I've never gone into the crash reports before but I'm sure I can figure it out if anyone wants to help, but I'm guessing it's not in the pack right now for good reason. Hopefully soon, plenty to mess around with until then! :) Thank you FTB team!
The current version of the MineCrack pack includes a version of Forge that's incompatible with Mystcraft.