Question to the experds

HickDead

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

The situation is like this: I had a setup where a backlog of wheat (from a wheat farm) was converted to (forestrys) biomelange. It looked like the wheat farm could keep up with the fermenters. But when I logged in on my server a day later and expected a lot of biomelange I saw that the wheat farms couldn't keep up! And the backlog completely disappeared.

My question is this: Is there a way to keep track of your stuff? If supply keeps up with demand? I'm at a point where it is not possible to keep track of everything with the naked eye. So I thought that is was maybe possible to write a program in computercraft that does that and makes notes (every minecraft-day or so) So you could compare the notes and can track easily if stocks are going up or down. Or do I expect to much of computercraft?

Thanks for your input!

HickDead

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a valve block as the bottom middle block then there are issues where the liquid will disappear. This has bee fixed in the recent updates to Railcraft though (although, it isn't in FTB at the moment.)

HickDead

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I didn't know that! Well, thats one problem solved! Thank you for that. But, anyone knows if it is possible to let a lua program making notes of your stock?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
It should be possible, im not too good with computer craft so im probably far off from the best way of doing it.
But you can use a turtle to count the content of the chest, or count all items entering and leaving the system if you use the turtle to sort items.
No idea how to make notes but i know it's possible, you could probably just print the numbers it count.
But then you'll only see up to a certain amounts of counts before the older ones get popped off screen.

Jharakn

Jul 29, 2019
You could do it with computercraft yes, like Meldiron said you can use a turtle to count the contents of a chest if you sort your items to specific chests (turtles can't identify specific items in chest just count how many "items" there are) you could keep a running stock total in computercraft.

You're dealing with some fairly complex coding however, to keep stock over various chests you're looking at a number of wireless turtles all talking to a central system with rednet (http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Rednet_(API)). Ultimately it would be a rewarding project I suspect, I'm trying to teach myself LUA to write systems like this, and whilst redpower has the same tools with the sortron I simple can't wrap my head around FORTH so my future builds will probably be a blend of redpower and CCraft.

Best of luck with your project.

HickDead

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your input! Computercraft is a mod I'm always struggling with and Redpower computers of course. Because it's not "visual" if you understand what I mean. All the other mods are never a real problem.