[Question] Filler + Redstone Energy Cell

Chohsan

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is a way to effectively power a Filler (BC3), using a Redstone Energy Cell (TE), I've seen it done on a video below at around 4:09 minutes into the video, but for the life of me can't get it to work myself. Every time I try the Filler flashes green for what I assume is 1 tick, then goes red.

Video Demonstration:

First, yes it is charged. It started off fully charged but has since lost 100 MJ per failed attempt to get the two to function together. The set up is at Y: 8, and as far as I'm aware, I placed the 4 markers properly. When I place the Filler block the 3D yellow and black frame appears, outlining the area I designated. Next, I add 9 Glass to the 3 by 3 interface and get the icon for the "Clear" pattern, and the Filler screen turns green. The problem occurs as soon as I place the Redstone Energy Cell down next to it to power it. The screen quickly turns red, and 100 MJ is drained from the cell, with little actual change to the terrain.

I've attached a few photos of the area where the Filler and Redstone Energy Cell are set up, a photo showing the small amount of progress they have completed after several iterations, as well as the GUI of both of the machines. I've tried running the filler with each of the cell's power setting.

2013-01-08_22.43.30.png2013-01-08_22.43.48.png2013-01-08_22.44.04.png2013-01-08_22.56.51.png2013-01-08_22.57.32.png

Is this a bug, a server issue, or what? I'll probably try a timer but after what seems like 1 tick the Filler's screen goes red, so I assume it is no longer able to accept any power after that point.

I'm new to this, so hopefully someone can help me out. This has been very frustrating and I'd really appreciate it.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Filler works with redstone energy cell. You can scale the output down to a safer speed if you think the initial output is causing an issue. The modes on the cell correspond to always on, on when no redstone signal, or on when redstone signal is applied.

Filler goes red when it is done or hit some liquid it can't deal with. Has it hit lava or oil?

Chohsan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, there is definitely lava around, but I gave it sand and gravel. Is it more complex than that?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I've only used the filler for filling, so not sure what its handling of lava / oil is in the clear mode. I just know it stops on those in that mode.

In the fill mode I think it skips them and when you use sand/gravel when it is on the next layer it fills the lower level lava/oil.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, I had a similar problem before. I was trying to fill up an area below a slime chunk, but the filler just wouldn't do it's work.
after about half an hour figuring out the problem, I found out that the filler had problems filling up area's where mobs were walking around (I think it was a cranky zombie)
as soon as I killed it, the filler continued it's work...

I don't know if your problem is the same... but you could try it out and see if there are mobs in the filler area

Chohsan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I think you figured it out, Peppe. It think it was the lava.

Also, dozens of monsters began spawning after the filler cleared the first two layers and the Filler kept functioning normally for me.