Question about video editing

JBrondum

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

Im currently using Corel VideoStudio Pro x3

My question is:

When i render my videos witch is about 30 min long, they take up around 3-4 GB and i read somewhere that videos that long should only be around 400-600 MB in 720p

So is there anyone that can tell me what render options i should use so i can get them down there ?

Regards
JB

SWChris

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use your program, but there's two things you need to know about video files. Video files come in container formats. You can tell what container format you're using by looking at your video's file extension. These are .avi, .mp4, .mov, .wmv, and so on.

The second thing is how the video is compressed. You should be able to set this in your program render or export settings somewhere. The best compression for Youtube is h.264. The .mp4 container format supports that codec.

Your program is probably not so advanced as to let you customize all these settings in this link, but set as many of them as you can before rendering it out and you'll have a good video to upload to Youtube that'll be about the size you're looking for.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722171

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I use a GUI, theres plenty out there that use ffmpeg. Avanti, SmartFfmpeg, WinFF etc.
Param's I use:
-crf 25.0 -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfaac -ar 48000 -b:a 160k -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 0 -qmax 69 -qdiff 4 -bf 3 -refs 8 -direct-pred 3 -trellis 2 -wpredp 2 -rc_lookahead 60 -threads 0