Question about Thaumcraft research...

KoncreteLiquids

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to cancel a research? I know if you try to do a second without finishing the first it will just copy itself. But if I destroy the one I am working on (waste of time and I wont use it anyways) can I start on a different one?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Once Thaumcraft has locked in a research project for you, you have to follow it to fruition. The only way to do another research project is to research something with none of the aspects in the currently locked-in research. Of course, if that's not what you want, you now have two locked-in researches and even less aspect options to choose from.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I find if you get a research you're not after, best thing to do is finish it anyway

Because then it won't ever come up again while you're trying to get the research you want done

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Once Thaumcraft has locked in a research project for you, you have to follow it to fruition. The only way to do another research project is to research something with none of the aspects in the currently locked-in research. Of course, if that's not what you want, you now have two locked-in researches and even less aspect options to choose from.

thaumcraft does not have a research locked for you, if you put ignis and fractus in the table, will you research nitor or alumentum? it depends on what you put in, not in a predicted line.