Question about Steve's carts tunnel bore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
It has fuel, and is on...

EDIT: Just tried an anchor cart, that didn't work either. Is there any other way to chunk load the cart?

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Hrrm thats odd always worked for me

"Have your tried turning it off and on again?" - every router company ever

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Hrrm thats odd always worked for me

"Have your tried turning it off and on again?" - every router company ever
I have - guess what the result was...

EDIT: I just thought i'd ask: is this a known bug? If so is it planning on being fixed? Since this problem also affects the anchor cart, it clearly isn't a problem with the SC chunk loader, but something else. Alas, I don't know what that might be.

The only solution i've found to is is to attach a normal cart to the tunnel bore, ride in the cart and just afk MC. Far from perfect, but I canlive with it (though i'd rather not).

potter

Jul 29, 2019
Odedex had this problem with his nether mining cart for a little while..
Then suddenly it started working so i can't actually give you a solution, sorry :/

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Well it prob is fixed there are like 300 builds between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
No, any drill that isn't galgadorian will break, in any version.

They do last a while (I think the one below galgadorian will mine out 600k blocks before breaking), but its not infinite.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is strange - the chunk loader is working now. I switched the cart engine off so I could examine its contents without it moving. This turned the chunk loader off. When I turned it back on it started working. Weird.

I do hope this bug is fixed in 1.5.2. Still, all's well that ends well :)

EDIT: I wonder how viable other drill bits are with steve's carts. The hardened drill, for example, costs 17 diamonds, but only mines out a 5x5 area and doesn't last forever, though it still has 1000000 durability - enough to mine out a tunnel 40k blocks long. In my next world, I reckon i'll use that instead of a quarry (until I get a galgadorian of course).

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
No, any drill that isn't galgadorian will break, in any version.

They do last a while (I think the one below galgadorian will mine out 600k blocks before breaking), but its not infinite.
In any version???????????????????(10hours later....) ????!?
I rember drilling tunnels that streched on for 5km in every direction with my hardend drill without noticing any durability

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I rember drilling tunnels that streched on for 5km in every direction with my hardend drill without noticing any durability
The hardened drill doesn't have infinite durability, though it is incredilby high - it'll mine out 1000000 blocks before breaking. Thats a tunnel 40k blocks long. Still, it should have gone down a bit... what version are you using? AFAIK, its always had durability, though I might be wrong.

EDIT: Great, its stopped working again... they need to fix this. :(

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
I rember drilling tunnels that stretched on for 5km in every direction with my hardened drill without noticing any durability
He meant any version of drill that is not galgadorian. Steve's Carts2 version Alpha 105 add durability to drills. Prior to Alpha 102 there was no durability on any cart tools.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
He meant any version of drill that is not galgadorian. Steve's Carts2 version Alpha 105 add durability to drills. Prior to Alpha 102 there was no durability on any cart tools.
Actually I was referring to every version of SC. I thought that they always had durability, but apparently not.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have a question regarding the cargo manager. At the minute I have a wooden pipe + autarchic gate pulling items out of the cargo manager and into an ender chest. However, I would like to use the cargo manager to automatically place tracks in the cart railer's inventory. However, the autarchic gate keeps pulling the tracks out of the cargo manager. I tried using a emerald pipe to filter out the tracks, but it didn't work. I also tried using a second cargo manager but that wouldn't work either (i.e. it didn't interact with the cart at all). So how can I keep the tracks from being pulled out of the cargo managers inventory?

Incidentally the chunk loader started working again... weird (but good :)).

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The second cargo manager should work. Did you make sure there was an advanced detector rail down. Every cargo manager needs an advanced detector rail. There is a block called an external distributor, the one that looks like a kids toy. I don't think it is the most intuitive block but after seeing a couple of demonstrations I am starting to get the hang of it. The external distributor allows you to fine tune how you extract from the cargo manager in a certain way. The video I quoted below by Bevo is from this thread but after watching it I definately understood the external distributor more. The last 10 minutes or so are especially helpful.

Here is a fully automated one I did on my ssp lp back in March.

Alternatively you can pull from the cargo manager using a turtle that doesn't start pulling until the cart has finished interacting with the cargo manager. I set up a vanilla detector rail about three blocks down the line from where the cargo manager is which is attached by redstone to the turtle. When the cart goes over it after having well cleared the manager, the turtle springs into action. My setup doesn't have the ability to resupply my cart with anything just yet but It should be possible to add that functionality with another turtle.