Question about Minetweaker and Non-Terrian-gen mods. (Read before you ignore)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there! First of I would like to thank you guys with the optimizing my RAM thread. I can finally play modded minecraft without lagging horribly.
So, yesterday I started a modded minecraft world, got a good base set up and the like. Now, I feel comfortable with adding more mods but I don't want to have to restart my world for the trees/ores to generate.
Questions:
1. Is there any non terrain gen mods you recommend?
2. Is there any terrain gen mods you recommend and can I mine tweak them to add recipes for the ores/ trees?
3. Is it possible for someone to make me the minetweaker scripts or show me some tutorials?

Thanks, guys for getting me into modded minecraft :D.
Cheers,

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there! First of I would like to thank you guys with the optimizing my RAM thread. I can finally play modded minecraft without lagging horribly.
So, yesterday I started a modded minecraft world, got a good base set up and the like. Now, I feel comfortable with adding more mods but I don't want to have to restart my world for the trees/ores to generate.
Questions:
1. Is there any non terrain gen mods you recommend?
2. Is there any terrain gen mods you recommend and can I mine tweak them to add recipes for the ores/ trees?
3. Is it possible for someone to make me the minetweaker scripts or show me some tutorials?

Thanks, guys for getting me into modded minecraft :D.
Cheers,

You can add biome mods such as Highlands or BoP after generating a world and still use their trees etc.

And heres an example code where you turn white wool into another color. But you have to figure out the internal item names for the saplings on your own, just look in nei.

recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:wool:0>, [<minecraft:wool:1>]);

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
You can add biome mods such as Highlands or BoP after generating a world and still use their trees etc.

And heres an example code where you turn white wool into another color. But you have to figure out the internal item names for the saplings on your own, just look in nei.

recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:wool:0>, [<minecraft:wool:1>]);
Hey thanks! Now I can add Minefactory reloaded. Do you recommend any mods? I have about 50 in my world but I'm wanting to add more.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks! Now I can add Minefactory reloaded. Do you recommend any mods? I have about 50 in my world but I'm wanting to add more.

Hmm yeah 50 mods isnt nearly enough. Im running 151 on my laptop and performance is good. I guess my recommendations would depend on what mods you already have.

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm yeah 50 mods isnt nearly enough. Im running 151 on my laptop and performance is good. I guess my recommendations would depend on what mods you already have.
Well I only got 4 gigs of ram, but I'm using:
Applied energistics
Aura cascade
Aroma backup and core
Automagy
Bibliocraft/bibliowoods for foresty and BOP
Big reactors
Binnies mods
Botania
Buildcraft
Doomlike Dungeons
Ender io
Ender tech
Extra tic
Extra utilities
Fastcraft
Fast leaf decay
Forestry
Inpurecore
Inv tweaks
Iron backpacks
Iron chests
Jabba
Magicbees
NEI
Pams Harvestcraft
RFTools
Simply jetpacks
TConstruct
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thaumic Exploration
Thermal dynamics/expansion/foundation
Travellers Gear
Twilight Forest
Waila/Harvestibility/wawla

Mainly looking for RF focus and looking for mods that don't add too much terrain gen

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Thaumic Energistics is a good one. Quantum flux, Practicalites and Torcherino are small but very useful mods. Mekanism and Immersive Engineering, great tech mods. Chisel, carpenters blocks, bibliocraft and decocraft for new aesthetic options.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Oh and Ender Book by Duke. Its the best way to travel.

I personally like Warp Book by panicnot42. Pretty simple, no dependency mods to load.

As for other mods, unless I'm planning on using bees, I tend to drop Forestry/Binnies/MagicBees/Gendustry just to save a little space.

Biomes O Plenty can be taxing on your system, especially if you use the default configs. I've found that it really works pretty well if you turn OFF all the custom biomes and crank village frequency up slightly. Obviously you can go either way, or find some happy medium. I prefer finding more test subjectsfriendly villagers instead of yet another bog or dead forest.

Reactions: jordsta95

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I am probably going to start the village mayor challenge, so thanks for showing me I can ramp up the villager frequency. Also thanks jordsta, because I will be wanting to change some recipes. =D