Question about Mass Fabricator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
Does Mass Fab work with BC gates? I'm trying to make power saving mass fabricator and nothing seems to be working. BC gate seems to be responding to top inventory of mass fab instead of bottom when it comes to scrap and I can't seem to find a way around that. Here's a pic:

30c7xjb.png

and the mass fab next to it has full stack of scrap in it with top slot empty hence signal should be off since it doesn't have any more room for scrap.

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
that's just for showing purpose, nothing on the BC gate responds to scrap, the signal doesn't change whether there is scrap or not

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I think the gates are side-sensitive for the "inventory" conditions.
Did you place it on the top of the machine?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
If i recall the amplifier gate setting does not check the inventory of amplifier, but instead the amplifier energy.

Flick on your fabricator with scrap in the slot and it should eat a scrap/scrap box and show like 6k amplifier energy stored.

Main issue with detecting the amplifier energy level is it cannot be restored unless the fabricator is running. I used items in the pipe to turn the fabricator back on, so as scrap was reloaded it stayed on. That was in my first mod world in beta, so I doubt that was the best way to do it.

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
I think the gates are side-sensitive for the "inventory" conditions.
Did you place it on the top of the machine?

You're right, placing the gate on the bottom of the mass fab did it....such a simple solution :)

Thanks!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you have to thank Direwolf20 for that particular one, he had the same problem in his server play on ForgeCraft.

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
I'd stick with the turtle, apparently you can only input scrap through bottom of the machine so RP2 way of throwing scrap in is out if you want a gate.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, it is a block that I don't use, because I hate FORTH...

It is the Sortron.
Here is the mod spotlight from DW20 on it, it might help you a bit with that.

EDIT: Just thought about that, but the router also has an upgrade that lets you decide what side the item will be put in, it might be a bit easier to use. The upgrade is the "Ejector upgrade" (ID 9287).

Aikonn

Jul 29, 2019
I found very easy and cheap solution for Mass Fabricator using ComputerCraft turtle:

1. Place basic turtle right below Mass Fabricator and copy this to turtle's startup program: http://pastebin.com/KecjL3zH
2. Feed your scraps from Recycler directly to the turtle - BuildCraft pipes will do the job nicely

How does this work:
Turtle cycle through all of 16 slots of inventory and try to dropUp() scraps to Mass Fabricator.
As it runs out of scraps it will turn Mass Fabricator off by redstone signal. Then wait 5 minutes to start again.
All in infinite loop.

Note:
- you need to run this as turtle's startup program (simply name the file "startup") otherwise when you load your world, fabricator will starts running without scraps.
- turtle cant check inventory of fabricator so when it shut down, there is usually remaining stack of scraps in fabricator. This is only downside of this solution, but if you have quarry and steady supply of scraps then its not problem at all.
- I use Filter (from RedPower2) to pull UU-matter from fabricator ... guest what? if you have Filter on side of Fabricator, it is affected by turtle's redstone signal ... so i added 3 lines (9-11 in code) and now turtle act also as redstone timer for Filter. works perfectly.