Question about forestry biomass

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
You can produce biomass with the vanilla saplings inside a fermenter,

You can also use rubber saplings.

But you cant use any of the added saplings such as redwood or fir.

Is this a feature, as in to stop you being able to get borken amounts of it due to how many saplings these drop.

Or just something that wasn't implemented.

If the latter i don't suppose theres an easy way of adding it via a config is there?

Thank you for your time.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say it's not implemented.
All the vanilla saplings are the same block ID, just with different metadata. The ExtraBiomes XL saplings would be using another block ID so the fermenter wouldn't recognise the saplings as being saplings without special code put in to tell it to.

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh, thank you for the swift response.

Was just an idle musing, as i have tonnes of fir saplings laying around, and not many of ones i can ferment.

I'll file this this under pipe dreams then.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say it's not implemented.
All the vanilla saplings are the same block ID, just with different metadata. The ExtraBiomes XL saplings would be using another block ID so the fermenter wouldn't recognise the saplings as being saplings without special code put in to tell it to.

Oak saplings are ID 6
Rubber tree saplings are ID 626

It's more like the fermenter isn't programmed to recognise the other sapling types.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Oak saplings are ID 6
Rubber tree saplings are ID 626

It's more like the fermenter isn't programmed to recognise the other sapling types.
That's what I meant. If that doesn't look like what I said, yes I know I suck.

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
With the Magic Pack EB saplings do not work in the fermenter, however NEI shows biomass recipes for them. All of them except redwood do work in the arboretum.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
cant you turn them into plantballs somehow? cuz you can put plantballs (and compressed plantballs) into the fermenter

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
Im now in the mindcrack pack, and its the same as the magic pack

there are recipes for them in nei, but they dont yet work,

seems a shame to turn them into plantballs though

A loss of 6 potential buckets of biomass.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at this point it's a net positive since you don't actually get those 6 extra at the moment from the saplings, since you can't use them.

of course, you could always get a barrel and store them until they work in the fermenter.

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
haven't gone to the effort of programming a replanting turtle farm to harvest fir trees, to let them go to waste lol

besides the amount i generate, when they work again ill swiftly get a large stash going,

the amount of charcoal i'm getting from the fir wood, is obscene

and i don't quite have anything to do with it at the precise moment. So thats being barreled