Question about Big Reactors

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
How much of an impact does Big Reactors have when added to an already generated world?

I ask since I realized now, about 3-4 days into my world that I didn't have Big Reactors in... And I'm decent enough into Blood Magic and some other mods that I do not want to reset the world just to add Big Reactors...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You'll need to find new chunks for yellorium, unless you have a mod that adds uranium already in.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You'll need to find new chunks for yellorium, unless you have a mod that adds uranium already in.
Or you could just rely on a MFR Laser Drill with Lime or Yellow Focus. This will bring up loads of Yellorium(plenty to later be worth the fuel it costs in power if powered by a Big Reactor).

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
As above, you'll miss out on yellorium in chunks you've already loaded but if you have IC2 installed you should have uranium and I think you can also do something with reactorcraft pitchblende to make it usable(?)

Oh and you can use the laser drill from MFR to get your hands on yellorium.

EDIT: ninj'd

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As above, you'll miss out on yellorium in chunks you've already loaded but if you have IC2 installed you should have uranium and I think you can also do something with reactorcraft pitchblende to make it usable(?)

Oh and you can use the laser drill from MFR to get your hands on yellorium.

EDIT: ninj'd
Newer versions of IC2E uranium wont work afaik due to the fact that this Uranium is no longer Oredict'ed as "Uranium". This is due to the fact that in the new refining process there is no step that is really equal to the other mods "Uranium ingots".

But it is indeed oredic'ed the same as Pitchblende and the 2x Uraniums from Rotary/Reactorcraft. You should be able to use a Unifier/Automatic Dictionary Convertor or equivalent to transform these into yellorium.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Newer versions of IC2E uranium wont work afaik due to the fact that this Uranium is no longer Oredict'ed as "Uranium". This is due to the fact that in the new refining process there is no step that is really equal to the other mods "Uranium ingots".

But it is indeed oredic'ed the same as Pitchblende and the 2x Uraniums from Rotary/Reactorcraft. You should be able to use a Unifier/Automatic Dictionary Convertor or equivalent to transform these into yellorium.

As far as I know, even in Monster 1.1.2 pulverizing IC2 uranium ore gives you yellorium dust.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As far as I know, even in Monster 1.1.2 pulverizing IC2 uranium ore gives you yellorium dust.
So it does... Did not know that!

Or sort of did. Discovered that nether uranium did but never made the connection. Thought that was a bug :p

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Is it going to really warp up the terrian though, if I go out and generate new chunks?

Like will I see a desert sprout out of a Taiga, cutting the Taiga biome short... This is a bigger concern then finding the ore lol, the ore should be easy to find. Just run off in a single direction with my Ritual fo Magnetism and have fun :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it going to really warp up the terrian though, if I go out and generate new chunks?

Like will I see a desert sprout out of a Taiga, cutting the Taiga biome short... This is a bigger concern then finding the ore lol, the ore should be easy to find. Just run off in a single direction with my Ritual fo Magnetism and have fun :)
No it will not mess with biome generation. All it will do is generate some Stone blocks as Yellorium Ore instead.