Where else?
.:(

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
fq1OiIP.png

Reactions: pc_assassin

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
:? how the hell would i drain a prefilled?(H110 specifically)
to me, "pre-filled" water loop translates to "Hi, I'm designed to break" #realtalk though, I know it's rated as one of the best performing coolers, but it's also $110+ and only marginally better than good air cooling that costs half as much (and only if your house is not air conditioned, if you have central a/c the reasons to go with an H110 drop significantly if you are staying stock).

I mean, if you're just going for bling factor, sure go for it. may as well kick a few bucks mine and mew's way too, if you're that stacked with cash and need something to burn it on. :3

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
to me, "pre-filled" water loop translates to "Hi, I'm designed to break" #realtalk though, I know it's rated as one of the best performing coolers, but it's also $110+ and only marginally better than good air cooling that costs half as much (and only if your house is not air conditioned, if you have central a/c the reasons to go with an H110 drop significantly if you are staying stock).

I mean, if you're just going for bling factor, sure go for it. may as well kick a few bucks mine and mew's way too, if you're that stacked with cash and need something to burn it on. :3
christmas. needed some stuff to ask for :p(if i don't get it, my local electronics store has some 212 evo coolers)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
christmas. needed some stuff to ask for :p(if i don't get it, my local electronics store has some 212 evo coolers)
it's all about the Noctua NH-U14S :p

35-38c ΔT over idle on haswells

check out this graph. source.
index.php

yes I know it's ivy bridge benchies, but still... 8c difference between the H110 and this Noctua, and a 10 degree improvement over the 212 evo.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
several SAS hdd's to put in raid 5? :p j/k. tbh your rig is fine, unless you want to go completely over the top. You could benefit from more ram, but you'll be fine with 8 until the next generation of games come out.

I'd invest in a quality keyboard...something with mechanical switches. there are many types of them, so I'd do your research and possibly try some of them out if you can. I use a Ducky, pricey but damn good.

How about a monitor? All the cool kids are using 4k tele's as monitors. I'm not cool personally, I have a 27" samsung that is pretty swag.

edit: don't ask me about mice, I'm still using a logitech mx518. once you get used to a mouse it's hard to find another one. I still cry at night over my dead Logitech Wingman.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
several SAS hdd's to put in raid 5? :p j/k. tbh your rig is fine, unless you want to go completely over the top. You could benefit from more ram, but you'll be fine with 8 until the next generation of games come out.

I'd invest in a quality keyboard...something with mechanical switches. there are many types of them, so I'd do your research and possibly try some of them out if you can. I use a Ducky, pricey but damn good.

How about a monitor? All the cool kids are using 4k tele's as monitors. I'm not cool personally, I have a 27" samsung that is pretty swag.
got some RAM and a mechanical keyboard on the list(HyperX fury black, Corisair K70) but i don't know what monitor to ask for. been using a 720p monitor for a longt time, 1080 is still pretty good for me. the main things i would want are higher refresh rate and G-sync.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
if you're spending that much on a corsair keyboard I think you should check out ducky. quality wise, there is no comparison between the two. ducky makes corsair hardware look like junk.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
if you're spending that much on a corsair keyboard I think you should check out ducky. quality wise, there is no comparison between the two. ducky makes corsair hardware look like junk.
how about the ducky shine 3? also, what key-things would you recommend?(reds, blues, browns, ect)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
The shine 3 is pretty neat, I wish my shine 2 would break so I'd have a reason to buy it.

For switches, blues if you do a lot of forum posting (except they click), browns if you do a bit less posting and a bit more gaming, reds if you game more than anything. there are the oddball ones like clear, green, and such, but they just have different tension and activation points, some click and others do not. Those 3 you named are pretty much the most widely used.

I wouldn't get one of these unless gaming is srs bsnss, but some companies make switch samplers. I prefer red. They have low activation pressure, no click, no bump, and are linear weighted.