Puzzle map for Thaumcraft3 "The Challenge of the Thaumaturge"

RedBirdFlyin

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 3890View attachment 3890 I have been wanting to make a puzzle map which works with thaumcraft for quite some time now as I would like to incorporate the portable hole golems and many other awesome thaumcraft objects.

The story line for this map is that you are an adept of the college of sorcery and are attempting to pass the graduation challenge and become a fully-fledged wizard.

In this map you will have to make a choice between 3 paths, the path of water, the path of fire and the path of air.
each will have different puzzles and challenges unique to themselves.

Eventually you will complete you chosen path and get a prize unique to your path which will help you complete the final challenge.

This map is currently a work in progress as i have only just completed the water path and still have fire and air to do, not to mention that I still need to think of what I'm going to make the final challenge (expect extreme difficulty)

This map is compatible with any modpack that has Thaumcraft

EDIT: I have just decided to make multiple challenges that must be completed before completing your chosen path and completing the final challenge, these are the challenges of mind strength and skill and once again are unique to each path

EDIT: (again) I will be uploading the map when the water path is completed for you to mess around with

expect finish in a few weeks

2013-04-23_19.43.12.png

2013-04-23_17.48.38.png
H]

Reactions: duckfan77

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
You could include puzzles that require researching certain things to progress, just provide bottles of essentia so that the player has acces to every thing, as well as making them craft certain items in thaumcraft.

There could be a room where they can research, and the crucible is already there with a thaumonomicon and arcane crafting table (I can't recall the name, whatever the first one is) and the player can make things that they need to advance, or that help them advance in the map.

Just an idea, don't like, don't use

Reactions: RedBirdFlyin

RedBirdFlyin

Jul 29, 2019
You could include puzzles that require researching certain things to progress, just provide bottles of essentia so that the player has acces to every thing, as well as making them craft certain items in thaumcraft.

There could be a room where they can research, and the crucible is already there with a thaumonomicon and arcane crafting table (I can't recall the name, whatever the first one is) and the player can make things that they need to advance, or that help them advance in the map.

Just an idea, don't like, don't use
That does seem like a great idea and the only issue I can think of is that the player just looks things up on the Wiki but I like the idea and would love to incorporate it

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Looking things up on the wiki wouldn't be a big problem if certain items were required to advance, and the player wasn't told what they needed, or they were just given a hint.

RedBirdFlyin

Jul 29, 2019
Looking things up on the wiki wouldn't be a big problem if certain items were required to advance, and the player wasn't told what they needed, or they were just given a hint.
Yes I see what your saying (implementing now)[DOUBLEPOST=1367119793][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could you post your world as it is now so we can get an idea of what you have started.
Sure,

Doing it now

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
I still don't see it, but I will check back tomorrow to see if I can find it then.

Edit: just missed your post

RedBirdFlyin

Jul 29, 2019
turns out I have Internet problems so I cant be uploading the map soon but I will keep working on it while I can

(I'm uploading this via my phone)

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Ok, I can wait until you can upload it, just curious though, how far are you on the map?