Pushing the limits of a ReactorCraft PBR

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted a powersystem for my ssp world, that would substain itself and still very powerful. I had played with rotarycraft before, so i knew that, but i never tried out reactorcraft.

So my startingpoint in this creativeworld was that reactorcraft had some powerful elements. and I wanted to use that for power. and the effeciency of said powersytem was what it was and I would have to deal with it in some way.

So I started trying to do that. I started with fission reactors, though I always ended up blowing them up, so i quickly abandoned fission-reactors.

I looked at breeder-reactors. i liked them, but because i knew heated up faster than the fission reactors. So with my failure in fission-reactors I never did breeders.

Then I thought about that fusion reactors were so powerful, so why not build one of them. So I started looking around on the internet, and soon realised i wasn´t at the stage resourcewise, where i could build that thing.

I realised i had never looked at pebblebed reactors, because there wasnt a lot of documentation on them and
I thought they were supposed to be early game and not very powerful. Then I realised, that the few people I had seen make them, only made them 4 to 8 cores with the exception of a friend of mine which made 40 core reactor and ran a hp turbine on it. so i started thinking what if you massively scaled it up to plus 250 cores.

well, I wanted to find out... so I ended up spending a 3 days in a creative testworld just to find out and the product was the the king of all pebblebeds

power per ebbled core ended up being about 238 MW per core
and a total 371 MW to run the reactor and keep it substained
total power 68,719 GW

pebblebed´o´tron 9001

English isn´t my first language, so sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Super neat. Paging @Reika as a courtesy because he might find it amusing.

Your 4th screenshot was critical. Steam in pipeline is "rising slowly." Glad you included that.

Thanks for the fun pics :)

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
glad you enjoyed it :)

yeah I was actually forced to do 2 seperate steamlines because the last 2 turbines were struggling for steam with 1 central line. i think i might be able support 2 more, maybe more on the current setup. just couldnt bother building any more on those big turbines

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
hmm my current tick time is fluctuating between 20 and 30 ms, and i dont have a powerful computer

i never build a fusion reactor so i wouldnt know how it compares

Last edited:

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
yeah its bit excessive to say the least
though those 238 mw per core seem a bit much, but i havent played much with reactorcraft

and it only hits my fps mildly and my tps is as said 20 with a ticktime of about 25ms.

the next challenge is gonna be to implement in my survival world...

think i am gonna make a new world for it though as the old one is laggy enough :)

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Nice one
Never thought a HTGR could power six HP turbines :O

What are these green blocks on top of the lily pads? Is that another growth accelerator?
And what kind of tank are you using?

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
its eight turbines to start with :)

its just magicalcrops lamp nothing special about other than i liked them, no growth accelration.
for the tank i am using openblocks tank set to a capacity of 16 buckets :)