Pure Bees question

00Astal

Jul 29, 2019
My Pure Bees are making my Flux Higher. I thought Pure Bees were suppose to eat up the flux to lower it.
So if the pure bees increase the Flux does that mean the Flux bees will lower it?

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the flowers of the bee, if it says 'Purify Node' in your beealyzer, it will clean up flux. Keep in mind you want fast speed/production, nocturnal/flyer, and in an alveary (with frames) all within its territory of the node, for a decent cleanup speed.

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
Also make sure it doesn't have the "Nodeify" (not sure of spelling) effect. If it does then it moves the aura node closer and grows it, if I recall correctly. This generates TONS of flux. If it does, you just need to use some effect cancelation serum and you should be set.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at the effect your Pure Bees have. If they are true Pure bees they should have the purify effect. In breeding them it is sometimes possible that the purify effect doesn't carry over in the first mutation and they could be moving the node rather than cleaning it like Obelisk said.

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
purify node is not an effect, it is a flower, and i already mentioned it. at least, in ultimate, don't know if it was updated. the 'Aura Attract' effect brings the node closer to the hive. I haven't seen a 'nodify' effect, but there is a 'Node' flower, I haven't tested it to see if it grows a node.

[EDIT] just found out nodify was renamed to aura attract a while ago

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I believe aura attract and nodify are the same thing, the name was changed at some point - it pulls the node to the bee house and then grows it, using aura

Node flower means the bee house must be near a node.

edit: Hmm, just logged into my world and noticed magic flowers round my base... I turned my radioactive bee back on earlier (that I thought had no pollination for flowers) and it has node.

So node seems to be making magic flowers... never seen this before and don't remember changing the pollination type on the bee so I'm lost, I'm not actually sure what node does anymore heh.