Pumping water from one location to another?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
With which modpack ?

One possibility is to use Tesseracts on the same frequency.

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Then yes, Tesseracts from Thermal Expansion are probably your best move. Also, they can transport fluids (and items or energy) across dimensions.

EDIT: I missed the fact that EnderStorage is also in the pack, so EnderTank's are also a good and cheaper way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

Batmun

Jul 29, 2019
So if I wanted to move a body of water from a sea to a big pool I've made I can do it with that?
I actually want the physical water block not in storage in a tank?

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
You could pump the water from the sea into an EnderTank, place another EnderTank in your pool using the same color code, and pour the water using a Flood Gate from BuildCraft.

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Ah that sucks.. maybe you could use Modular Force Field System, I believe you can teleport blocks, but I have no idea if it works with water or if it is already possible with the MFFS version in Ultimate...

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Ultimate is the 1.5.2 pack? It has been so long it is getting hard to remember. You may be in the gap between the loss of Red Power & the Buildcraft update to add a block with that functionality. IIRC, possible in the 1.4.6 & 1.6.4 packs, but not the 1.5.2 packs.

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
What about the RedPower2 grate ? It should be very similar to the BC flood gate.

EDIT: damned, too slow :)

Batmun

Jul 29, 2019
Mhm, see I have a few tanks maybe ten filled with water and I'd like to be able to remove the water from them back into a physical block?

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just pump out of the tanks with a fluid pipe ?

And to be honest, I don't see why one would want to store that much water in tanks...

Batmun

Jul 29, 2019
they're caches, there's not a lot of water near my base / and or don't have the materials to make a endertank

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Then you should probably just use an inifinite water source until you get more resources :)

For which purpose do you need so much water anyway ?