Pumping Steam to Big Reactors' Turbines

Mr TaupeX

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks you for the fix with the tesseract, I've try with AE2 P2P tunnel, it work but now I got another probleme, I got enought steam to power My 2 turbines but, all my steam goes to 1 of them, and the other got nothing, even if their are connect to the same P2P tunnel :/
Someone know why ?

Blitblocky

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out that the max output of railcraft tanks is per face or maybe per vertical column. You can move liquid in fairly easily... i used 9 valved on top, extracting is the problem. 12 valves on the bottom level, not the bottom, and an enderio energy cable around into a tessrract gave me 2400mb/t. I have a huge reactor into a 5x5x8 railcraft tank, 2 receiving tesseracts on turbines x2 for about 9500rf/t each at 840mb/t steam... so a railcraft tank steam buffer is feasible.

I made heavy use of computercraft to modularise the system which is why i needed a tank to decouple the reactor from the turbines. Moving a reactor directly into the turbines wasn't working for me. This should apply to boiler rigs, as well.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
If we are going to necro this, might as well point out that all the workarounds are no longer necessary: Thermal Dynamics introduced the Super Laminar Fluidduct which requires a brief period of filling, and then has an unlimited transfer rate for steam and water.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
That said, however, a steam buffer can be a realy good idea since waste makes the reactor output fluctuate and a stable turbine produces just that but more. And a reactor/turbine/railcraftTank all autoOutput making a closed loop without pipes plausible.