PSI recipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I've just spun up an FTB Beyond world, and I'm interested in getting into PSI. Looking in NEI, though, the base machines take two dragon eggs each, and a bunch of other expensive stuff. What's going on?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If your main interest is PSI, you might need to find another pack to learn it, as the recipe for thebase machines were tweaked... i didn't realise by just how much though. The Pack devs clearly want to push PSI late game, even though i don't think it offers much when pushed past the ender dragon that other mods can't handle by that point. (my most used PSI spell atm is a simple blink spell, which is arguably inferior to a staff of traveling from ender io.)

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't say it's my main interest, but it's certainly an interest. Mostly Beyond just looked like a good 1.10 kitchen sink pack.

Is there any way to un-tweak the recipes?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Modify the normal.zs file located in \modpack\normal\scripts. Just scroll to the bottom of that file and comment out or remove the 4 lines for PSI. That will put the default recipes back in place.

Curious if this adjustment would be needed on each client connecting to an altered server, or if the server would just push the info along. I'm thinking I may comment out these recipe changes when I get ready to start Beyond, but I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Curious if this adjustment would be needed on each client connecting to an altered server, or if the server would just push the info along. I'm thinking I may comment out these recipe changes when I get ready to start Beyond, but I'm not ready to do that just yet.
No you can make the change on the server only. The clients pull it from the server.

Also, on side note you can edit the file on server then just use the /mt reload commnad to load it. No need to shutdown or reboot the server.

Reactions: Inaeo