Protection Against Mobs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
My base (I think) looks pretty descent right now in FTB. I have 4 buildings, a turtle tree farm, and my friend lives (with me) across a river in a big mage tower doing magic. I do all of the science stuff. The only thing my base needs is some protection from mobs. His base has a security golem wearing iron armor, a top hat, and some glasses. He looks pretty badass, especially in comparison to my golem (though we will be upgrading him soon). My main house would look even better if I were to remove the sloppily placed fense, but if I do that I would get swarmed with mobs. For some reason I always seem to live over a billion spawners (I've so far found 6 different spawners within 500 blocks of my base). What should I use for mob protection. I'm thinking of using some turtles that would walk around like cops (pigs) and if they are confronted by mobs, they attack them. I don't think this will be efficient enough, and have heard that Steves Carts does something like this. Does anyone know of some way to automate base protection?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Mad science, or just science? Because a lava-moat with an extendable drawbridge and portucullis never hurt anyone. At least, not anyone who was allowed in.

Also, boiling hot oil.

Steve's carts has turrets, I think, more sciency.

Another option altogether would be to completely light up the surrounding area. Then you could set up a mob spawner, as they would only spawn in the one spot that you decide for them.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Mad science, or just science? Because a lava-moat with an extendable drawbridge and portucullis never hurt anyone. At least, not anyone who was allowed in.

Also, boiling hot oil.

Steve's carts has turrets, I think, more sciency.

Another option altogether would be to completely light up the surrounding area. Then you could set up a mob spawner, as they would only spawn in the one spot that you decide for them.
Mad science. I think when I count from 0 shows a screenshot I will end up using that.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I need to figure out this too. My house has been getting random mobs even though I have lux capacitors everywhere. But I have an old haunted temple style house and I dont think turrets would mesh well...

Cursey

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's Carts with arrow launchers. They are showed in this video at about 17:00.

I'm not sure exactly how they are created.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
I've only used it once, incorrectly. My friend that lives in the mage tower knows how to use it. I'll ask him about it once he gets back from vacation.[DOUBLEPOST=1371863775][/DOUBLEPOST]

Whaaaaaa?

Protip: Setup MFFS extremely incorrectly, but don't tell your friend. Laugh at the shenanagins that ensue.

Reactions: SatanicSanta